HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

KingDakota12's 99 Civic DX Build

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 07:58 PM
HCF Member

Alright alright Ill upgrade to Skunk2 LCA's, but OK Ill find the actual ASR Subframe brace and get that as well.

So FF Coilovers
Skunk2 LCA's
ASR Subframe brace.

Good suspension?

Old 01-18-2011, 08:02 PM
HCF Member

Oh man noob is confused!? There are subframe braces which hold sway bars together I think and there is a lower arm bar.

Which do I need with my LCA's if any? Remember cheapest, but smartest.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:13 AM

Not sure what you mean.

Here's my suggestion for suspension mods:
1. Coilovers/LCAs/Lifetime alignment plan/camber kit (s)*
2. Brace/sway bar/endlinks/camber kit (s)*

* Not necessarily needed.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:37 AM
HCF Member

Ya no Camber Kits for me I don't want to be slammed and scraping here in wonderful roads of PA.

Explain Brace, sway bars and end links though?

Old 01-19-2011, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by KingDakota12
Ya no Camber Kits for me I don't want to be slammed and scraping here in wonderful roads of PA.

Explain Brace, sway bars and end links though?
Nothing wrong with PA I live in this state, too. You learn to live with it. The only reason I mention camber kit is so that you can adjust it as you would like to make the car look the way you want. Just like coilovers... you buy them to adjust the ride height etc as you would like. Camber kits... you buy them to be able to adjust camber as you would like.

Not sure what you need an explanation on....

Old 01-19-2011, 07:45 AM
HCF Member

Id like to go just for looks and the drop right now because no need to sway bars with a d16y7 as of right now, so If I could get away with coilovers, LCA's and a subframe brace will that be OK?

Old 01-19-2011, 07:49 AM

I am not sure why you dont get this. There is no point in a subframe brace unless you have a bigger than 13-14mm sway bar being installed. If you just want looks, then by all means, go for it, but it will be pointless. You can take that $200 spent on a brace and get a lifetime alignment plan from a local auto shop.

Sway bars have nothing to do with the motor. It helps with handling.. alot. A sway bar would make the car alot more fun to drive IMO.

If you want just the look, coilovers, LCAs, and an alignment plan and you are set.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:56 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
I am not sure why you dont get this. There is no point in a subframe brace unless you have a bigger than 13-14mm sway bar being installed. If you just want looks, then by all means, go for it, but it will be pointless. You can take that $200 spent on a brace and get a lifetime alignment plan from a local auto shop.

Sway bars have nothing to do with the motor. It helps with handling.. alot. A sway bar would make the car alot more fun to drive IMO.

If you want just the look, coilovers, LCAs, and an alignment plan and you are set.
I told you man total noob right here so I am learning all this for the first time, of course I knew a sway bar is for handling, but my car is slow and not much damage I can do with that till I get a swap, plus Im poor so all that un-needed stuff at this point would just make it worse.

But I do understand what you mean man the If I got an aftermarket sway bar then I would get a brace and I understand the Camber as well, but I just want a drop so all 3 items you listed above are what Ill get.

Thanks for the input though man it helps!

Old 01-19-2011, 08:01 AM
HCF Member

So If I did get a rear sway bar and end links would this be a good combo?

http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewP...ry=291#details

http://www.jhpusa.com/store/pc/viewP...idcategory=169

But still not sure on the right subframe brace to buy and if I bought a subframe brace witht the items above would I need an after market lower arm bar?

Old 01-19-2011, 10:55 AM
HCF Member

Quick Reply: KingDakota12's 99 Civic DX Build