HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

MaximusFunk's 00 EX project

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 08:14 AM

You work at subway huh? How come every time I go to subway, the person asks me if I want the food toasted like 5+ times? They look at me like I am crazy when I say "no". Does everyone get their sammich toasted and I am just an odd-ball?

What is that big purple wire wrapped around your strut tower?

And.. Ooo I remember the days when I made my own intakes... Good times.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:58 AM
HCF Member

most people get the steak or chicken sandwiches toasted, because if you dont, you notice more the unpleasant waxy texture of the meat(fat).

the purple wire is my transmission to negative terminal ground wire, but much to long so i just looped it.

yeah, i think i remember seeing pics of the one you made maybe back in your project thread. I think yours was made from sheet metal though instead of #2 recyclables :P

Old 02-07-2012, 10:04 AM

I dunno. If I don't get it toasted, they usually put the meat (Chick/steak) in the microwave, which is fine. I just hate when my bread is crunchy and dry! haha

Yea, I made a few different intakes/shields. One was a piece of aluminum covering the back side of my CAI so water wouldn't get on it, but was really pointless. Another was a heat shield to try and protect the intake from the engine bay heat. I was even considering cutting my hood so the intake can draw air from that instead of the bay when I was at idle. haha. Glad I didn't do that at least.

Edit - Found them in my Photobucket.

11.24.09 - Picture the filter sitting where a CAI should be. Imagine that shield on it facing the tire. :P

Name:  112409-IntakeSheild1.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  103.0 KB

Name:  011110-Intakewall2.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  104.6 KB

Jeez, I had so much time on my hands back then LOL

Last edited by cvcrcr99; 02-07-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:52 AM
HCF Member

installed the new headlight bulbs i ordered. they are 5000k super white. I could barely see with my old lights. it ended up being attributed to poorly aimed black housing lights which i adjusted after, with some difficulty. they still look pretty diesel though IMO

before:

after:

Old 03-02-2012, 02:01 PM
HCF Member

finally finished polishing my wheels. sanded through 2 of my finger nails, but about 20 hours of work later i am pretty satisfied. they dont look as perfect as the ones in the DIY, but my cat can see her reflection so its good enough for me. they look way better than when i got them.

the centercaps were un-salvageable so i stripped and sanded them and am waiting on some "H" center cap decals off ebay. not sure if I should clear coat over the decal so it lasts longer, or just wax and leave it. then I need to start shopping around for tires. one shop had an add in the window for no money down no interest for 6 months on bridgestone tires. sounds pretty tempting since my tax return is all spent. anyone have good or bad experience with bridgestone?

before:

after:

Old 03-02-2012, 02:22 PM

Did you go up to 2000 grit sandpaper? And did you use polishing compound afterwards? Looks fine. Wish I had polished my Si's.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:32 PM
HCF Member

yeah, i did both those, but I had to start with 120 grit because i didnt realize that there were actually lots of small machine grooves on the surface for the clear coat to stick to. I tried starting at 320 but it wasnt taking them off. somewhere between 120 and 600 i got lazy, and i wasnt about to go back down from 2000 after i saw how they came out. im still happy with them.

I would have preferred the clearcoat if it was mint. Even though they look nice, the salt they use on the roads here will demand a lot of care to avoid oxidation. we get intermittent snow from late sept to late april

Old 03-03-2012, 06:55 AM

Looks good! I would never have that sort of patience.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:06 PM
HCF Member

i ordered some maroon vinyl center cap decals and put them on the oem centercaps covered by some clear coat. there are a few dings but im happier with this result than spending 40 on new centercaps. I like the change of color as well.

Meanwhile, my fuse 15 blew again. this time i noticed there was smoke coming out from under the car near the gas tank, and fuel leaking on the ground. I would have to assume the electrical short is in the harness back there. I dropped the fuel tank and found it was rusted terribly, and that the evap plug on the tank was completely decomposed. I tried to unplug it and it fell apart. the evap system is on fuse 15 so i really hope this is my problem. I didnt find the fuel leak, but I will be replacing everything back there from my parts car in the next few days.

I found some duplicolor car paint that looked pretty close to my color at the Yankee One Dollar , so i snagged it for a buck and painted the trim around my liscence plate which used to be black. the match isnt as good as it looks in this picture, but its a big improvement on the unpainted piece.
before:

after:

Also, I have decided to go with Hankook Ventus v2 h437 195/55/15 tires. the reviews are outstanding for such a cheap tire. Im kicking myself, because discount tire direct had a 50 dollar instant rebate going on but it ended 2 days ago unbeknownst to me. now i will be paying 309 free shipping for the 4 tires and valve stems. very excited, and with my worn oem suspension, I dont think the wheel gap on the 195/55/15 will bother me as much as in the stock si photos.

Last edited by MaximusFunk; 03-13-2012 at 08:12 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:15 AM
HCF Member

replaced my fuel tank with all the fixin's and so far no more blown fuse, its been 3 days. Got my tires mounted for a hefty 86 dollars.

I have looked everywhere for black wheel locks with ball seat, but could not find a set, so I bought a whole new set of black nuts that came with the locks included. I found some google pics of civic si's sitting on their rotors in parking lots, and that made me shell out the money.

The tires look great, and although I have not noticed any big performance diff over the bf goodrich traction t/a i had before, they ride amazingly smooth and quiet.

washed it, and gave it the first thorough waxing it has probably ever had. before taking pics

drive by of the crv after my girlfriend waxed it herself.

after seeing cvcrcr's led lights, I ordered some license plate ones.

Quick Reply: MaximusFunk's 00 EX project