HCF Project Section This section is for extensive projects only. Please read the rules before posting.

zerojett's EF Project

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 08:20 AM
HCF Member

none of the pictures are showing up for me....

Old 04-12-2011, 08:42 AM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

^ Photobucket is just doin somethin right now, idk what. They'll be back up sooner or later.

Old 04-15-2011, 07:25 AM
HCF Member

Just got a call on a minty 88-89 Civic bumper!!!!!!!!!!!
It's black and unpainted, but that's better than sanding down thick layers of white paint off this other bumper...
I'll take some pictures when I'm back... just got an inch of snow over night too...

And then he calls back a few mins later saying it was already sold... big let down.

And as it's turning out, it is difficult to find a red bumper in good shape.
The one I have, has tons of small chips from rocks and it is annoying to sand it smooth. I don't know what tool I could use.
Anyone have a suggestion? Please?

Last edited by zerojett; 04-15-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:10 PM
HCF Member

Alright, it's off the jack stands. screwed up something, jack slipped, smashed the rear quarter panel. baaaaad dent. not happy. =( i'll take some pictures tomorrow... sulked for the night...

installed the Y8 manifold. no idea what i'm doing you guys, seriously. there's a FITV on the TB, but I want to use the one on the intake. so i mounted it, no clue where lines should be coming from.
no clue about the evap canister on the fuel rail. ugh.
i got a b18b tb i'm trying to use. assuming that it's a FITV I'm seeing on the bottom of it... Partsource sold me the wrong gasket. Ordered one for a 94 Integra, got one for an accord i think. doesn't line up at all. garbage.

i'm gonna ***** some pictures tmrw, give an idea of where i'm at. wiring is no issue...

Old 04-29-2011, 08:10 PM
HCF Member

Okay I can help a little, for the evap, the solenoid is an evap purge. I am assuming you are going to run obd1? The evap purge solenoid will require a charcoal canister. There's the on side of the evap solenoid (closest to crank side) and hose will go to the intake manifold, the hose on the trans side goes to the charcoal canister. There is another hose that comes off the canister and that hose goes to the fuel return line to the gas tank.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:15 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Scott53092
Okay I can help a little, for the evap, the solenoid is an evap purge. I am assuming you are going to run obd1? The evap purge solenoid will require a charcoal canister. There's the on side of the evap solenoid (closest to crank side) and hose will go to the intake manifold, the hose on the trans side goes to the charcoal canister. There is another hose that comes off the canister and that hose goes to the fuel return line to the gas tank.
i am just running obd0 for now. just converting to mpfi out of sheer boredom while i wait for money to fix the rear quarter panel.

i'm still pretty stuck. here's some pretty pictures with questions. ha ha. found out i have internet in my detached garage.

Name:  p_00008.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  35.0 KB
Name:  p_00007.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  84.9 KB
Name:  p_00006.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  87.2 KB
Name:  p_00005.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  93.0 KB

Old 05-02-2011, 08:57 AM
HCF Member

connected the FITV and EACV to coolant lines
y8 purge valve connected, y8 FPR connected. i figured out what you meant Scott. =)
IAT is next... need a bigger intake arm, DX arm won't fit on the b18 tb. ha ha.
pounded out the rear quarter panel dent... looks a little better. panel separated from the wheel well though... i need to hire an autobody guy or learn to weld...

also, the part shop gave me the wrong TB gasket. apparently they had the wrong part number for it in their data base... or a 3 was mistaken for an 8 :facepalm:

that's all i know for now. won't be working on her for a little while... i'll post up some pictures when that time comes again... thanks for the help you guys.

Old 06-06-2011, 07:39 AM
HCF Member

Going on a 4 hour road trip to get a new car!
1989 Honda Civic DX hatchback. Black in color.
I'm bringing my camera along.
The plan is to swap all the new suspension components to this new car, as well as my full Si interior.
Project: Daily Driver
This fall I'll be picking up something for a REAL project instead of just my regular everyday normal car. Leaning towards a Toyota, but only time will tell. Wish me luck!

Old 06-07-2011, 08:11 AM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Good luck!

Old 06-07-2011, 11:56 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Kenny-g
Good luck!
thanks! ha ha
so far i've stripped out the dash, carpet, seats
seats were welded to the floor. no idea what they were from, i got lucky they didn't burn holes through the floor...
sound deadening was falling apart so i stripped it off. man, this thing has like 0 rust and 300,000 kms! wtf!!!
i've got a bunch of pics on my camera, gonna go keep working until I have to go to work. i'll be uploading the pictures tonight. it's pretty sweet so far!!!! i have an EF graveyard of sorts now, ha ha...

Quick Reply: zerojett's EF Project