HCF Suggestion / Forum Help Center This section is for suggestions and help pertaining to the forum, not for help with a car.

2005 Honda Civic Couple 1.7L 5 Speed

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2023, 08:17 AM
Default 2005 Honda Civic Couple 1.7L 5 Speed

Hello Fellow Honda Owners and enthusiasts,

I am here today because I do not have the knowledge to understand the Mechanics of my vehicle, but I am learning as I go, but I just had the Clutch in my 05 Honda Civic Couple 1.7L replaced because as I was driving down the road and attempting to shift from 2nd to 3rd it was rough getting into 3rd and suddenly it just stopped accelerating and wouldn't move, it would go into gear but the engine just revved. I pulled over and got it towed home, my ex got it tore apart to see if it was the clutch or transmission. A whole 2 weeks later he finally said it was the clutch so bought a replacement, and another week later he finally said it was put back together. I asked him if he drove it to make sure it was safe, and all was good. He assured me it was driving fine and I could start driving to work again. So I get in and start it, mind you it was a cheap car I just bought 4 months ago. It wasn't in great shape to begin with but I was hearing a noise that just sounded like it was idling loud and rough I started down the road and it had very diminished power from the engine getting to normal speed. Then it was making a louder noise and seemed like it wanted to die. I called him immediately. After getting off the phone I heard something that sounded like a metal clanking noise and sounded like something like a bolt fell out from my car and hit the road as I was still driving it back to him to look at it. The check engine light was flashing and it felt like it was going to drive. I get it back to him and now it's been 3days he is saying he thinks it's a bad upstream O2 sensor. I asked him how that happened to it if it wasn't bad before he took it apart. All he would say was he doesn't know, and he didn't even mess with the O2 sensors. My question to y'all is if someone can tell me if it's possible to replace the clutch in my Honda without messing with the O2 sensors?

Thank you for your help,

Sad Honda Girl

Old 01-24-2023, 04:41 PM
Banned

I've never seen such a touching writing in my life. I'm so touched. Thank you so much. I think I can enjoy every day thanks to you. I always ask for good writing. I pray that you have a good day먹튀검증