Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

06 honda civic customization problem..help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Default 06 honda civic customization problem..help!

Ok so I have a 2006 honda civic ex with the r18 engine non si. I have recently had some mods done to it. I had a magnaflow cat back and a KN short ram intake put on and it was great. Then i decided to order a weapon R intake, a weapon R header, and those came with a FIC for the car. Thats when the problems began.

after doingthe intake, the header, and the FIC the car has more power, but the problem is, when it sits and idles and you press the gas sometimes it dies. Also it has a problem of dying when accellerating after being stopped at a stoplight. It dies randomly sometimes too when turning at very low speeds and not accelerating.

The shop says the computer is sending funky messages to the car because somthing in the throttle response is totally off. THey said they tried turning the Idle up to solve the problem but coudlnt do it. The guy said there should be some other parts to compliment the intake, and correct the throttle problems. However I have seen nothin on procivic.com or weaponr website that suggests they make anything to correct any problems, in fact weapon R sells the parts i have purchased in a package, with no additional parts. Im confused about what i need to do to solve the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much!

Old 10-21-2008, 07:44 PM

one thread per topic

no worries since you're new
to help get used to the forum, check out the rules in the new member section of the forum

just remember in the future