Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

AEM V2 Installation Question...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 01:42 PM
Default AEM V2 Installation Question...

Ok, this may seem really stupid, but here goes. I was thinking about buying a V2 intake for my 05 ex and I looked on ebay and saw one for an SI that was cheaper. I called a place that specifically works on hondas/acuras doing aftermarket parts and stuff like that and asked them if it would fit and they said yes so i went ahead and purchased it. After I got it, I went to the shop and had him look at it and he asked a tech again if it would fit and he said that all I needed was a 3" to 2.25" reducer so that it fits the smaller throttle body. So I figured cool and I went and bought the reducer. I started taking off my factory airbox and decided to hault and put everything back and call AEM to see if they could send me a diagram for the ex model. I just got off the phone with them and they said that they think it won't fit because of the mounts. They didn't give me a for sure no it won't fit, but that seemed to be the case. I was wondering if anyone on here knew for sure if it does in fact fit before I take my whole factor intake off and have to put it all the way back on. Thanks.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:52 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: AEM V2 Installation Question...

i'm going off gut instict here, but i'm gonna have to say it's not gonna fit. the si's have an entirely different engine than the non-si's... which brings me to the next question: why did you not do more research before you went out and bought the intake for the wrong vehicle? additionally, calling some random performance place isn't the best thing to do: most of the time, people will just say what you want them to say to get you off the phone as soon as possible; they'll say "yes" and "no" until you seem satisfied.

if you can, return the intake, and get the right one.

Old 02-01-2008, 02:10 PM

I've gone to that place before and I just thought they knew what they were talking about. Oh well... Anyone else?

Old 02-01-2008, 03:21 PM
HCF Member

Return the intake and the the one for ur car