Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Airbox?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 02:44 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Airbox?

i took mine out a couple months ago, its been great..and there is no more noise coming from it, sometimes i can hear a little suction but thats about it..ill check my filter tomorow and post if its really dirty or anything

Old 12-13-2006, 04:08 PM
HCF Member

Thanks for the replies guys... my idea is to remove that box and eventually get a short ram to keep that space clear for a new battery rack.
I don't like the smaller size battery as opposed to the more standard battery sizes that are more available and more frequently on sale because...
1. I am cheap
2. I don't like being forced to get that one small battery size that has less cold cranking amps in most cases then standard sizes.

I appreciate all the input, if anyone has done this before hit me up with some pics. If anyone thinks this is mental let me know, and if anyone wants to try this I'll tell ya how it goes after.

Operation battery relocation is a go!

~Kerok.

Old 12-13-2006, 05:03 PM
Cat Fuсker

make sure there is enough vertical space for a standard battery as it might be too tall to fit in there.

Old 12-13-2006, 06:15 PM
HCF Member

Its also helps prevent hydrolocking.... you retards

Old 12-13-2006, 07:46 PM
Cat Fuсker

Remmy, if you submerge your damn car that deep hydrolocking might not be the biggest problem:-D

Old 12-13-2006, 07:57 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Kerok

Thanks for the replies guys... my idea is to remove that box and eventually get a short ram to keep that space clear for a new battery rack.
I don't like the smaller size battery as opposed to the more standard battery sizes that are more available and more frequently on sale because...
1. I am cheap
2. I don't like being forced to get that one small battery size that has less cold cranking amps in most cases then standard sizes.

I appreciate all the input, if anyone has done this before hit me up with some pics. If anyone thinks this is mental let me know, and if anyone wants to try this I'll tell ya how it goes after.

~Kerok.
Do you leave in Alaska? For all other places I think stock battery should be enough.

As for the original question I guess Honda engineers just do not like empty spaces under the hood. Actually, there are many more things you can remove from there, and it will give you the space to install a few more standard batteries

Old 12-13-2006, 08:14 PM
Cat Fuсker

ORIGINAL: Misha

ORIGINAL: Kerok

1. I am cheap

~Kerok.
Do you leave in Alaska? For all other places I think stock battery should be enough.

As for the original question I guess Honda engineers just do not like empty spaces under the hood. Actually, there are many more things you can remove from there, and it will give you the space to install a few more standard batteries

Damn right that is:-D Or you could be creative and install something else there....a guy on HT put a turbo where the airbox was

Old 12-13-2006, 08:23 PM
HCF Member

that box is actually a resonater to create a smoother airflow to the engine do to the normal pulsing suctuion, it also makes it a bit quieter

Old 12-13-2006, 09:53 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Roto

Damn right that is:-D Or you could be creative and install something else there....a guy on HT put a turbo where the airbox was
Imagine, how big of a turbo one might install instead of that big thing in the middle with honda logo!

Old 12-13-2006, 09:55 PM
Cat Fuсker

ORIGINAL: Misha

ORIGINAL: Roto

Imagine, how big of a turbo one might install instead of that big thing in the middle with honda logo!
Do you mean that ballast honda put in there to keep the car from popping wheelies? [sm=rockinit.gif] [sm=partyparty.gif]

Quick Reply: Airbox?