Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Another Exhaust Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 09:21 PM
Default Another Exhaust Question

Ok, i knwo first off you guys noticed my Name as a mustang. Yes i dont own a Honda Civic. But im lookin to buy a mid-late 90's hatch or a Acura Integra.

Ok, Now second is goin to be weird again. I have a 97 Ford Mustang V6 with a 4" Carbon Muffler. And its almost as quiet as stock. I was running straight pipes for awhile which was to loud for me so i thought of the muffler and be different on a mustang. But now its to quiet for what i wanted. Is there any tricks to make them a little louder. I dont want real loud like straight pipes but alittle louder than it is now with the muffler. I love the way V6's sound with these mufflers. Ive heard 350zs and Imprezas (which i know it isnt anything like those) but i want the growl that those 6's have.

Sorry if it sounds stupid but im a tuner and i ant the tuner sound. I used to own a 97 Jetta and my brother has a 06 Focus Hatch, both of which were tuners.

Thanks

Old 04-09-2008, 10:38 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Another Exhaust Question

V6 mustangs SUCK big timebro...My cousin purchase a brand new Mustang 96 V6 from the dealer,he is the only owner..Sounded like crap with flowmasters, just 4 yrs ago he had so many engines problems and after that the tranny went out..Basically he has it trashed on his back yard. Other people I know, have also had problems with the V6.You might just be getting lucky up to now.
Flowmasters suck on V6 and on 4cyl also

Now Magnaflow sounds awesome on 4 6 8 cylinders
I say go with Magnaflow

Old 04-10-2008, 07:22 AM

ORIGINAL: Civic Si 00
Now Magnaflow sounds awesome on 4 6 8 cylinders
I say go with Magnaflow
+1
magnaflow's probably your best bet
usually kinda loud but not too loud from what i've heard

Old 04-10-2008, 07:34 AM
HCF Member

Just go to youtube and listen to some exhaust clips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kRDiHS9RxU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RATnnJ5R3A

Old 04-10-2008, 03:53 PM
Super Cereal Admin

I say try magnaflow... I have a magnaflow muffler on my civic (stock tubing), and I love it... almost silent at idle, nice and quiet when cruising, but when you open up the throttle, you really hear it.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:22 PM
HCF Member

I agree - Magnaflow or Borla - both sound great on almost any car or truck.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:32 PM

Yea, i dont really like mustangs, everyone has them. But i bought it off my brother cause i blew my headgasket in my Neon and got it replaced and now it wont start.

But i got the 4" muffler like most kids have on there Civics to be different on a mustang.

Every mustang i see has the borla or magnaflow and all that with duals. So i didnt want to be like every other mustang. I wanted to be different. So i bought the 4" Carbon Fiber Can off a friend for $25 (it was put on a week before and he didnt like the way it looked) And put it on my Mustang. I jsut like the way they sound. Idk, must be me. But when i ran straight pipes it was always loud, Idle, mid throttle, to all the way on was just to damn loud. lol So i put the muffler on thinking it would be loud but alittle quiter. But now its pretty much as loud as stock but with the muffler at the end of the pipe now. So i didnt know if they break in and get louder or is there a trick to makin them loud. I had just a regular 4" opn my neon and it was loud off right when i put it on. So im jsut confused why mine got so quiet.

I wanna sell the mustang and buy a Civic Hatch or a Integra like i said, but i go to school and work about 35 hours a week so money is hard. So imma wait till i get out of school. Im Auto Collision repair.

But i jsut want to make this thing alittle louder than it is now with this muffler, what i need to do.

http://www.mufflermall.com/images/mufflers/CFBLACK.jpg

Thats what i have but mine dosnt have the silencer in it. Ill try and get pics soon and show you guys what it looks like on a mustang.

This is the one i had on my Neon and still have, i put it on the Mustang and it seemed alittle louder but still real quit. So im jsut confused if i can make them louder in a way.

http://www.tradesonic.com/newsonic/P...rs/MUF-042.jpg

Old 04-12-2008, 06:13 AM
Super Cereal Admin

if the muffler's brand new, it'll get a little louder after about a month when it breaks in. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you.

Old 04-12-2008, 11:11 AM

Yea the muffler is brand new. He had it on his celica for a week than i bought it off of him, ive had it on my mustang for about 2 weeks now. i jsut didnt know why it was so quiet or if it would get louder over time.