Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Big A$$ Plans

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 07:53 PM
HCF Member
Default Big A$$ Plans

Well for the last few months I have been tossing around ideas of what to do for my car hp wise. I was thinking either turbo, swap, or i/h/e with nitrous. Right now I'm thinking I will stick out the next year or two with the slow ace d16 and get a job and save all the money I make for a swap. I have two questions and the second is a little off topic for this forum but I want to ask the questions together.
I'm probably just going to get an evo2 and the zex kit until I can make up my mind on what I want to do for the long run.

1. I still need to post a vid of my exhaust but it is basically ebay special (headers, cat, and muffler all look to be from ebay from previous owner) I also think I have an OEM Honda resonator.Needless to say it can sound pretty bad around 2k-3.5k rpms when I'm going up a hill or going past 5/8's throttle. Could I just get a name brand muffler welded on and it sound better until I make up my mind?

2. What would be the cheapestB series to swap into my car that could handle a nice shot of nitrous. What would that price be including an average labor cost? I'm thinking a B16 but a GSR would be nice. lol

I will get the video of my exhaust probably tomorrow, I have one revving but it doesn't make the crappy sounds unless I'm driving, it actually sounds pretty nice just revving.

As always I have a long *** post for a simple question lol sorry.