Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

For Chimera or Anyone Who Will Explain!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 03:17 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: For Chimera or Anyone Who Will Explain!

So w/out turbo you mean something like a complete engine swap? When I get my tax returns I'll have enough money easily to put a turbo on my car, but my car will never see the money.... we are going on vacation soon and the tax return money is funding it... SO I BETTER GET MY MONEY! But from all I've read on our civics it really doesnt seem like they are able to do big power...

My question is: Why did honda make our engines so crappy for power? Was it just to save money or to be eco friendly?

Old 01-24-2007, 05:40 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: For Chimera or Anyone Who Will Explain!

ORIGINAL: TheMoogly
But from all I've read on our civics it really doesnt seem like they are able to do big power...

My question is: Why did honda make our engines so crappy for power? Was it just to save money or to be eco friendly?
Civic's arent race cars, they are designed to get good gas mileage and be eco friendly. The d17 can make lots of power, but like every other sohc you need boost to do it. There are a number of members on other forums with 250+ hp, daily driven d17's. Everyone I know that makes that kind of power has a quality kit...

Heressupermex's boosted d17's.
http://kissimmeemotorsports.com/