Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

D16Y7 Exhaust Manifold Compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 05:42 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by zerojett
Actually, if we're talking EK here, it's the CDM Civic SiR that has the B. The Civic EX is a 4 door with a Y8.
Are you talking about the CDM or USDM version of the EX? The USDM EX is a 2 dr coupe with the y8, not a 4 dr.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:26 PM

There are USDM EX sedans. I've been in several.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:31 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by WellFedHobo
There are USDM EX sedans. I've been in several.
Reprinted from Wiki :
rims available in the sedan body style were the EJ6 (US DX/LX/VP, Canadian EX/LX), EJ8 (US EX), EJ9 (1.4L SOHC model), EK1 (1.5L SOHC VTEC-E model), EK2 (1.3L model), EK3 (1.5L SOHC model), EK4 (Japanese SiR, European SiR and/or VTi), EK5 (Japanese 1.6L SOHC 4WD model), EK8 (Japanese 1.6L SOHC model) and EN1 (US GX).

i apologize sir, it looks like the EJ8 was in fact available as a sedan. I have never seen one, most i see around here are lx or dx models and all the ex seem to be coupe.

Since you have seen them do you know if the stock tail lights on the 4 dr ex are the same as the 2 dr ex? meaning are they red on top clear on bottom? Because i like that style but cant seem to find them for my 4 dr that arent cheap ebay lights.

Old 11-02-2012, 04:09 PM

All sedan tails are the same in that they're larger. 96-98 is one style, 99-00 is the other style. But both are still that larger kind.

All coupe tails are smaller than sedan tails. But I believe they're the same, 96-98 is one style, 99-00 is another.

I have some 99-00 ebay ones that have held up okay over the years, red/clear style. They occasionally need to be resealed.

If you have a 97 sedan and you want the red/clear style, you want to source some Canadian Acura 1.6 EL outer tail lights. They are red on top, clear on bottom, a direct bolt on fit, and are clean as hell. The Honda Domani tail lights are the same, but that's Japan only and much more expensive.

Here's a picture:
Name:  HPIM0422.jpg
Views: 1928
Size:  32.7 KB

Old 11-03-2012, 09:57 AM

Yea mine has a crack to damn I hate those

Old 11-03-2012, 10:00 AM

I swapped my y7 im to a y8 im and and the thorttle is sticking and my ecu is throwing a tps code plz help

Old 11-16-2012, 11:01 AM
HCF Member

If you have a 97 sedan and you want the red/clear style, you want to source some Canadian Acura 1.6 EL outer tail lights. They are red on top, clear on bottom, a direct bolt on fit, and are clean as hell. The Honda Domani tail lights are the same, but that's Japan only and much more expensive.
I like those! and i have been researching a Domani front end conversion because no one around here has ever seen one and although i shouldn't slam where i live but half the people here are to stupid to know what a jdm, or cdm or edm car is. But i digress, lol, when switching to those tail lights im assuming the outside ones are a direct bolt on?
Then what about the inside ones? The ones on the EL are different shape... is the trunk lid swapabble? (is that a word?)

Thanks for your input!

Old 11-16-2012, 11:04 AM

The outside ones are a direct bolt on. The trunk lid is a direct swap and yes, the inner tails are different. But the outer ones blend seamlessly with the USDM inner ones. I was gonna do the swap and had the trunk lid in my hands, but UPS decided to drop it off Niagra Falls on the way to me, so it was destroyed...

Old 11-16-2012, 11:19 AM
HCF Member

The outside ones are a direct bolt on. The trunk lid is a direct swap and yes, the inner tails are different. But the outer ones blend seamlessly with the USDM inner ones. I was gonna do the swap and had the trunk lid in my hands, but UPS decided to drop it off Niagra Falls on the way to me, so it was destroyed...
Ahhh i just did a little googling, because it wasnt clicking for a second but when i bought my car it had some busted a** altezzas on the back.... so the whole oem tail light thing i was oblivious to. If i had the stock tails i would have red and clear on the inside and would just have to replace the outside ones. I get it now.... gee learn something new every day.

Dude they dropped your trunk lid off a waterfall??? wtf?

Again thanks for the input. I have been finding alot of helpful people, and useful information on this site.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:53 AM

Not literally off a waterfall but it was pretty messed up.

Quick Reply: D16Y7 Exhaust Manifold Compatibility