Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

diff between intake manifold and header

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 10:58 AM
HCF Member
Default diff between intake manifold and header

number 1 what is the difference and number two what type of custom exaust would you suggest for a 97 lx, someone said that they dont make an exaust for the lx sedan trims but then i found this on pro civic and it says it fits but what do yall think? It was a mgnaflow cat-back exaust system for 96-00 dx/lx trims

Old 09-20-2007, 12:52 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: diff between intake manifold and header

number 1 is THAT you need to learn how to spell...number 2 is that the intake manifold goes behind the engine(unless K20 in EGs ect) it allows the engine to suck up the air.....exhaust manifold or header is what lets you get rid of the exhaust gases, i have magnaflow on my 95 civic and its great, very good sounding not like a fartcan..you might as well get a high flow cat as well at least thats what i did.

Old 09-20-2007, 01:03 PM
Cat Fuсker

the problem with the lx is that the cat is in the exhaust manifold. an EX exhaust WILL work, but it will require a purchase of something called a test pipe to fill the gap where an ex would have the cat. I had it on my lx and it worked great.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:14 PM
HCF Member

okay so sorry about the spelling, i was in rush because i was at school. now lets go into detail about the test pipe i will need for the space that the ex exaust will have, do i have to get that seperate or will it come with the lx compatible magnaflow catback that i told you about on procivic.com. and then what is the best place to get an aem sri, a mnagnaflow cat back, and dc race haeders, i found them all on procivic and it ended up being around 880 bucks not including shipping, so if i can find them cheaper im gladly taking answers. then jsaut a random question, what was the first year they made the si. my firends said it was like 00 but i know that is wrong, i just was wondering.

Old 09-20-2007, 04:19 PM
HCF Member

if you want to keep your cat , get an EX catback and then an EX cat to fill the gap between the heaeder and the catback. If you dont care about the cat, get the DX/LX version, or get the EX version and then a test pipe to fill the gap like Roto said

Old 09-21-2007, 10:44 AM
HCF Member

what we be better hp wise for it, the ex with a cat or the lx trim exaust without a cat(both being catback exaust systems)