Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Generic SRI, need to rig up some support

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 04:37 PM
Default Generic SRI, need to rig up some support

My white box SRI arrived today, and it seems to fit well enough. After resetting the ECU and allowing itself to remap, the car idles very nicely at least.

However, the SRI came with two aluminum brackets. One is about 3" and bent like an L with one hole, and the other is about 8" and has three holes. I have poked around and tried to determine what the point of these is, and basically I can't imagine how I was supposed to use them. They don't really seem to line up with anything in particular. If any of you know what they are supposed to be used for then please do tell.

So, I'm thinking of just using some zip ties and maybe a rubber gasket or something like an exhaust hanger or somesuch. I can probably go into work and weld up some kind of bracket if absolutely necessary, but I'm thinking I may not really need to do that. I have a hunch that a couple large zip ties will probably keep it under control. Any ideas?

Secondly, I have plenty of room where my old air box was, and I could install something like an oversized K&N oval filter on the end of the SRI. I'm planning on trashing the no-name filter that it came with shortly anyways. Good idea?

I have the 4-2-1 headers, magnaflow cat, N1 catback, and now the SRI, but I'm not really interested in performance that much, I'm just hoping to maybe slightly improve my gas mileage, or break even and have a bit more zip available. I went with the headers and catback just because they were stainless and pretty inexpensive, figured I'd add the SRI to complete the kit, for what its worth.

Old 03-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Default RE: Generic SRI, need to rig up some support

One zip tie did the trick. There is some kind of rubberized wire clamp thing down under it and I just cranked it down to that. Well, its all done!

[IMG]local://upfiles/29465/DEED1F6B8D1744C9A7D8C13CC46659EA.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/29465/51FB2F974EEF4069A938F19EE619EDBA.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-16-2008, 11:56 AM
Super Cereal Admin

This is what I did with my intake (with the stuff that came with it)...
Name:  intake-1.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  53.6 KB

And AEM dryflow filter ftw!

*edit: oh, and I stuck the long piece in a vice and twisted it (and put a right angle on the one end) to get that shape.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:54 PM

It looks like you have your aluminum thing stuck under the rubber gasket. I would have put it between the hose clamp and the rubber piece. Hard to tell from the picture though. Thanks for the advice. I think my zip-tie will work though.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:33 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: reaper2022

This is what I did with my intake (with the stuff that came with it)...

And AEM dryflow filter ftw!

*edit: oh, and I stuck the long piece in a vice and twisted it (and put a right angle on the one end) to get that shape.
Thats the best i've ever seen an ebay intake done with the sh*tty brackets that come with it, congrats haha

Other than that zip ties will work. I actaully have a heat shield around my filter so it just rests there, but is protect by the shield. Worked for me.