EK Swaps 1996-2000 Civics

Uhhhh, need some moral support

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 10:23 PM
HCF Member
Default Uhhhh, need some moral support

AAAHhhhhh!!! Some I am getting ready to do a B16A2 swap with an OBD1 motor into my 2000 EX. Well I am starting to get a little leary about whether or not to attempt this myself. I have never done anything this mechanical before, I do electrical and do it well!! But my motor in the vehicle is blown and I really don't have a choice but to replace it. I just need some feed back about how hard this swap is. Oh and here is the list for what I have towards the swap already if I am missing anything let me know!!!
1. B16A2
2. LS Hydro Tranny
3. Exedy Stage1 clutch for B16
4. Exedy Flywheel
5. Autozone 99-00 SI axles
6. OBD2B to OBD1 ECU adapter
7. AEM Fuel Rail
8. AEM Fuel pressure Reg
9. Walbro Fuel Pump
10. AEM Timing Gears
11. B-series shift linkage
12. DC short shifter

So am I missing anything or should I just starting ripping bits out and putting em back in????
Oh and also a haynes manual for more technical guidance. The only reason I'm considering doing it myself is for the fact that my local speed shop wants a grand for it. Which isn't that bad, but still its a thousand dollars!!! Thinks of the Cams you can get with that!!! Hell maybe even valves!!

Old 06-12-2006, 11:03 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Uhhhh, need some moral support

well no one came up with anything additional so allow me to make a list off of the top of my head as of now what did not fit.
1: Throttle cable ( * knew this one and forgot all about it!!)
2: A/C Compressor and lines, yeah wasn't very happy about that one. I know some don't care but I do
3: Power steering pump lines,
4: Coolant hoses weren't long enough
5: Intermediate shaft ( had never before heard of this thing, so this was a good learning experience)
6: Intake is still yet TBA
7: If you are doing a J- spec swap make sue you get the full F'n wiring harness!!!!! I didn't and I ended up having to pay through the rear to splice the obd2b harness to the obd1 j-spec on the motor, I figured I needed more but man I didn't know how much. I would say all together I am about an additional $1000 dollars in than what I had origanally expected. So with everything I am about $5K deep in this freakin project, still not Emissions compliant and dead broke.

Man, I did a whole bunch of research, saved my pennies, and still managed to not get what I expected. The only thing I hope is that by the time all this is done that my car will at least still get good gas mileage.!!!!!!

Old 06-16-2006, 07:57 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Uhhhh, need some moral support

ORIGINAL: sillyredcivic

Man, I did a whole bunch of research, saved my pennies, and still managed to not get what I expected. The only thing I hope is that by the time all this is done that my car will at least still get good gas mileage.!!!!!!
It happens more often than not.