Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

here is my story about O2 sensors help greatly appreciated

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 09:57 AM
Default here is my story about O2 sensors help greatly appreciated

Ok.....

I have a 98 ex and i have the wonderful cel on and i really want to get rid of it.... here is there problems

First i went under the car to see what was up, and not only did i find that the second O2 sensor was unhooked, it was missing all together, the guy before me must have taken it off when he installed cat-back. the only thing under the car is a plug looking thingy which i am guessing is were the o2 sensor should be plugged into

Second, i have had this for a while and it hasn't effected performance for a while, until the past two months. i have been noticing the engine ******* when accelerating, and sometime when starting the engine after a longer period it runs really rough, but slowly returns to normal.

so last week i took it in to get a cel test and i got back three codes. one telling me that Bank one was running lean, and i can remember the other two off hand, but all were pointing to the Second O2 sensor.... I really like my civic and i really don't want to wreak this so i want to fix it as soon as possible...

i have been reading and trying to figure out what to do. I know that it always helps to get some external opinions from you guys so i am going to lay out some of my thoughts, and maybe you guys have some other ideas for me....

First, go out buy a new O2 sensor, a bung and weld it in after the high flow cat and see what happens hopefully clearing everything

Second... buy new sensor, bung, and a simulator right away and make sure that things are done right in the first place.... i am leaning towards this because with the high flow cat i am expecting the cel to continue making things run lean....(If anyone suggests thins i am going to need a good explanation of this because i don't know exactly what to do here but and interested)

third...this is for anybody who has any better ideas...

seriously i am in need of getting this fixed soon so any help would be greatly appreciated...

If anybody needs to see pictures i will be more than happy to jack the car up and get some asap....

Thanks

Old 12-27-2007, 01:52 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: here is my story about O2 sensors help greatly appreciated

don't go to the dealer for the O2 sensor..It's just a box labeled with Honda but the part is DENSO. Try to go to a foreign auto part to get a Denso O2 sensor or some other auto part store where they sell Denso

Old 12-27-2007, 07:42 PM

another quick question... is there a way i can install the simulator without installing the o2 sensor?

a) that would save me money if i only had to buy the simulator
b) i won't have to weld in a bung

Is the supposed plug and play version that some people are talking about plug into the o2 sensors spot?

if anyone knows stuff about this please tell me everything you know...

Thanks

Old 12-28-2007, 09:42 AM

somebody? i need some advice...please ...

Old 12-29-2007, 11:06 AM

still looking for an answer....

another question needed for answer...

does the 2nd O2 sensor need to be hooked up in order for the o2 simulator to work?

does an MIL work and where can i find an up to date website to order from?