Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Which intake?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 07:59 AM
Default Which intake?

Ok....if you were me.....and were getting an intake for your Si (2008). Which one would you get?

Old 01-04-2008, 08:09 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Which intake?

what do they have avaible for ur car?

Old 01-04-2008, 08:23 AM
HCF Member

Man back in the day I used to think people that complained about other people posting threads like this was unnessesary, now I understand why lol. I have an Injen CAI, I wouldnt suggest a SRI...and I wouldnt suggest AEM. Brother has AEM SRI and he hates it, he wishes he got mine but when he got his it wasnt out and 2 months later Injen came out with intakes with MR Tech, which is what I got in my 07. Id go with an injen, im happy with it. Just make sure you dont have hurricanes and a lot of rain where you live, could be possible to hydrolock the engine which isnt a good thing. So keep that in mind.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:24 AM
Administrator

ive seen a few nice ones....maybe post a few

Old 01-04-2008, 08:41 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: KoshaK

Man back in the day I used to think people that complained about other people posting threads like this was unnessesary, now I understand why lol. I have an Injen CAI, I wouldnt suggest a SRI...and I wouldnt suggest AEM. Brother has AEM SRI and he hates it, he wishes he got mine but when he got his it wasnt out and 2 months later Injen came out with intakes with MR Tech, which is what I got in my 07. Id go with an injen, im happy with it. Just make sure you dont have hurricanes and a lot of rain where you live, could be possible to hydrolock the engine which isnt a good thing. So keep that in mind.
could you elaborate on why your brother hated his AEM SRI? I'm curious.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:46 AM

lol i have an injen and aem and theyare the same to me

Old 01-04-2008, 08:54 AM

ORIGINAL: importcivicus

what do they have avaible for ur car?
Well...I was looking at the K&N's and nothing comes up on their site for my car. I was thinking on going with a SRI but I just wanted to hear what everyone elses opinions were so I could learn from others success' and mistakes. Last thing I want to do is get something and it have a negative effect on the performance. I race ATV's and I have had multiple times where I add something and it actually take away from the HP or cause some adverse affect. I looked at the Injens as well....main reason I was leaning to the SRI was because of potential hydrolock issues with the CAIand I think the SRIs look much cooler....I do like the cosmetic appearance of them better. So just wanted to get a take on all of it. From what I understand the 07 and 08 Si's are identical so I had a feeling someone on here had fixed theirs up and had some suggestions.

Old 01-04-2008, 08:59 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Mylittlecivic

lol i have an injen and aem and theyare the same to me
that's what I was thinking. intakes are more or less the same. there's no reason to hate one over the other. unless an intake's fitment was horrible, i don't see any reason why it'd be bad.

Old 01-04-2008, 04:30 PM

I would go with Injen. It sounds SO much better than stock. And it gives off a deep sound. People would ask me if i had an exhaust on my car it was so loud. That's what i had on my older civic. I bought a newer one and i'm gonna go with SRI simply because in the summer time it rains way too much here in florida. I almost hydrolocked my old civic with the Injen CAI. So it really just depends on where you live and what the weather is like there. And most of the other forums i've read say that there's only a 2 HP difference between CAI and SRI. So unless you live somewhere that's dry most of the year I would suggest Injen SRI over a CAI. I currently have an AEM CAI and i don't like it at all. Hope that helps some.