Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

interested in

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 07:09 AM
Cat Fuсker

downloading music will not give lung cancer to an innocent child in the back seat of a minivan sitting behind you in traffic.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:14 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by StifflersMom
downloading music will not give lung cancer to an innocent child in the back seat of a minivan sitting behind you in traffic.
...but the music industry would like you to think that it does. hahaha

Old 03-03-2011, 08:37 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Originally Posted by trixter
Yes I'm telling him to remove an emissions part making it illeagal. You guy are loco. Since when did anyone care about emissions? Are you guys joking? I can't believe the replies I'm getting. Also he just said he's been eyeing that magnaflow catback. And you guys are going all crazy about a test pipe. How many folks here got an intake? Crazies.
How does any cat-back exhaust increase a vehicle's output of CO, NOx, or hydrocarbons? How does an intake? The simple answer is they don't. An intake will simply allow slightly more air into the engine. Anything behind a secondary catalytic converter is noise control or exhaust routing. If it's not secondary air injection, exhaust gas recirculation, evaporative emissions equipment, or a catalytic converter, it's probably not a major emissions device. You could go as far as calling positive crankcase ventilation an emissions device, but in no reasonable way could you describe an intake or cat-back as an emissions component.

If you think removing an emissions system from your car for a negligible power gain is cool then you're either 16 or retarded.

Old 03-03-2011, 09:43 AM
HCF Member

Ya know....i can understand looking out for the environment by keeping the cat on but if someone really really really cared about the environment they would promote riding a bikecycle everywhere instead of suggesting someone keeping the cat on.
Some are saying "envirnoment this" and "cleaner air that". If some people here are worried so hard about it then you can ride that bike to work/home/school etc. If its too far away just leave a couple hours early instead starting up that civic & adding any pollution at all to the air. Too easy.....

Oh and stop smoking & don't fart..just hold it in. Lol.

Im not being smart...just being real guys.

Old 03-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Cat Fuсker

What you're being is a flamboyant douche canoe.

You have absolutely no idea what is actually in the raw exhaust. My point is that you're affecting kids when running with no cat. If you're cool with that I vote you be castrated with estrogen like they did to fаgs in Britain way back when it was a crime.

Old 03-03-2011, 04:40 PM
HCF Member

My point is that you're affecting kids when running with no cat..
And I agree with that. But my point is riding a bike is better than starting up a Civic with even the world's best built cat. And even with that...you're still affecting the environment with Carbon Dioxide....Slowly..but it's still affected.

Listen...I believe that every car should have a Cat, but if someone don't want a cat on their car..then let them do what they want...it's their car..their responsibility...their ticket(fine).

Last edited by Mecca8383; 03-03-2011 at 04:48 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:34 PM
Cat Fuсker

and it's my kid breathing that garbage, my gun in my holster, so I should be able to do what I want to do in this case, right?

Old 03-03-2011, 10:11 PM

Wow Ok I know how old ya kids are. Sorry to say anything. I don't care about any of that childish street racing crap. I'm just saying, if ya kids want to up grade stuff, you better go all out. Yeah I want to make my car fast, but wait I'm gona polute the environment. If ya want to make your car fast, don't waist your time getting a cat back system when your cat is blocking most the flow. Folks, I'm not trying to tell him to make his car illegal, I'm just answering a question. You wana make your car fast, that's my answer to help you start. Sheesh you guys don't have to start whining. I live in CA so I know how strick it is. We're in one of the most poluted area. And I'm sure you'll die of some other kind of cancer before you die of car exhaust cancer which I've never heard of. So sorry to offend anyone.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:18 PM

and it's my kid breathing that garbage, my gun in my holster, so I should be able to do what I want to do in this case, right?
You're driving your car and your polluting your own children. Yes please shoot yourself. It's your own fault.

Old 03-04-2011, 03:49 AM
HCF Member

Hmmmm...BTW...you do know ALL MILITARY VEHICLES in the U.S are EXEMPT from any Emissions laws, it says so right next to the vehicle's serial number(or VIN). They have NO CATS at all..just a Muffler!
I know this because I been in the Army for 4 years(2006-2010). Far as I know nothing has changed because till this day, because my job now is to inspect all kinds of military vehicles(for any damage that is).

I suggest you keep that gun in your holster or you gonna be the next Nidal Malik Hasan on trial for threaten/shooting anyone(including U.S soldiers).

P.S. Those same military vehicles(except tanks) are allowed on public roads as well to hand out their mission or training wherever it is.

Last edited by Mecca8383; 03-04-2011 at 03:55 AM.

Quick Reply: interested in