Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Just Installed AEM CAI! A Couple Quest.!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 01:37 PM
Default Just Installed AEM CAI! A Couple Quest.!!!!

I just installed an AEM CAI. I had a SRI on the car before, some generic brand. The cold air is a better for sure. I put it on right before i drove 100 miles from San Jose to Stockton. It did great through the hills, cruised up em at 80 with plenty of power. And the car ran smooth too. Definately a big improvement. I got it from robear.com, they had decent pricing.

But, my question is, the intake came with some hoses. One that goes from the intake to the valve cover. And one that was skinnier that was for a throttle body coolant bypass. I've had a AEM SRI before on my 95 Civic that i had. And i don't think it came with that. And the instructions were very vague, with no pics or anything. Can someone enlighten me on that. Thanks.

Here's a pic from my camera phone.

Name:  civic_intake.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  34.4 KB

Old 05-24-2006, 11:57 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Just Installed AEM CAI! A Couple Quest.!!!!

As long as all your stock wiring and hoses are hooked up to the intake then you will be fine only use the supplied stuff if your stock wires/hoses are tost. It could be a newer intake made for 96-00 civic that need more connections like that too. Just make sure that there are no holes left unconnected on your intake and no wire/hoses left unconnected on your car. Take some closer pics of any problem that you have, then I could help you more.