Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

magnaflow exhaust sounds stock

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 08:22 PM
HCF Member
Default 4DoorSedanMan

So, you're saying that with a header, it will quiet the exhaust because it let's the air pass out at a more faster rate?? I thought that the faster the exhaust passes, the louder It Is...???

Old 04-27-2008, 12:44 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: 4DoorSedanMan

a header really doesnt change the sound, very small so you shouldnt worry. Are you just buying parts cause you want your car to sound cool? If you are then just buy a muffler save you a butt load of money.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:39 PM
HCF Member
Default 4DoorSedanMan

I Still Don't Think That's Right, Because I've Been On YouTube, And Seen People With Civics, Who At First Had Just A Muffler, Then Added A Hi-Flow Cat Which Made It Deeper, Then Added A Header Which Made It Real Deep. I Think The Other Guy Is Wrong About A Header Making Your Exhaust "Quieter". Plus, I've Read CarReviews With People Who've Had Cat-Backs With The Factory Exhaust Manifold, Then When They Did A Header, It Made Thier Exhaust Deeper/Louder...Go To www.carreview.com And Look Up "Exhaust", And Then Look Up "Exhaust Headers", And You'll See What I'm Talking About...

Old 04-30-2008, 10:12 AM
HCF Member

Dude, I'm not lying my exhaust quited down by A LOT when I took the log manifold off. This is with a magnaflow full cat-back and megan 4-2-1 header. A hi flow cat will make your car def more noisey, we'll see once I put my magnaflow hi-flow on just how much. But as far as header most people I've talked to had the same thing where it reduces the level of noise the whole exhaust makes. Which many liked....

Old 04-30-2008, 08:16 PM

ORIGINAL: 4DoorSedanMan

I Still Don't Think That's Right, Because I've Been On YouTube, And Seen People With Civics, Who At First Had Just A Muffler, Then Added A Hi-Flow Cat Which Made It Deeper, Then Added A Header Which Made It Real Deep. I Think The Other Guy Is Wrong About A Header Making Your Exhaust "Quieter". Plus, I've Read CarReviews With People Who've Had Cat-Backs With The Factory Exhaust Manifold, Then When They Did A Header, It Made Thier Exhaust Deeper/Louder...Go To www.carreview.com And Look Up "Exhaust", And Then Look Up "Exhaust Headers", And You'll See What I'm Talking About...
Maybe those people put on an ebay header and it cracked, causing it to be louder. lol

When I put my header on there was not a noticeable difference in exhaust volume, but the tone did get deeper.