Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Megan Racing Header

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 08:40 PM
HCF Member
Default Megan Racing Header

Hey guys,

So I finally got around to putting my header on and got the catback exhaust put back on, hopefully I get the new resonator put in tomorrow. Now there is a problem. After installing the O2 sensor and then mounting the header, there is no clearance between the O2 sensor and the CV boot. The top of the O2 sensor was rubbing right on the Boot. It wouldn't take much for the boot to get ripped open. The header was the one for my car, so it appears they welded it in the wrong spot. So now I had to put the plug in the header and take the O2 sensor out for right now. Any suggestions? Anyone have a problem with Megan headers?

What a freaking night......5 hours of messing.

Old 03-21-2007, 09:23 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Megan Racing Header

never heard bad things about Megan headers before, that kind of sucks. Well you are probably going to get a CEL anyway, so i say plug the bung (haha) and get a simulator. That eliminates the sensor rubbing and the CEL all in one.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:12 PM
HCF Member

There should be no reason why the CEL should come on. The only reason it will come on is if the O2 is bad or not hooked up. Right now the computer is sensing the O2 isn't plugged in. Gonna get some ****ty gas milleage without the o2 in there.

Any ideas? Anyone else with a 2000 EX have any problems?

Old 03-22-2007, 11:46 AM
HCF Member

do you got the stock cat still? And is it the primary or secondary o2 sensor? If its the seconadry sensor, is it in the header or the stock cat? If its in the header it will get a bad reading becasue none of the exhaust has goen through the cat yet so it thinks the cat isnt doing it's job. Thats what a simulator fixes, and if you have a simulator you can remove the sensor altogetehr, that way you stop the boot from ripping.

Old 03-22-2007, 01:11 PM
HCF Member

The stock cat is still on the car. When I had the catback exhaust on before it never threw the CEL. Now I have the headers on and it throws on because the o2 isn't hooked up. There is a o2 in the cat and an o2 in the header right before the cat. If you take the cat out, you can expect the throw a o2...... Still doesn't make it right that the header was welded wrong.

Old 03-22-2007, 07:02 PM
HCF Member

Curious that no one else has had this problem....am I the only one with a 2000 EX that has put a header on? Guess it's time to give ole megan racing a call and see what they will do. Running without the O2 is making the chug when I come to a stop light.

We will see what Megan is willing to do..

Old 03-27-2007, 04:16 PM
HCF Member

Alright guys, I finally got around to taking some pictures since I had the car up on jack stands...put the rims back on!!!!

You can see the below picture of where the sensor rubs on the CV Boot. I contacted Megan Racing and they asked for pictures.

Than I got the following email from Megan Racing:

"Since your vehicle is a 2000 civic non SI. Thereare 2 o2 sensors, the primary o2 sensor is placed on the top part of the header and the secondary is positioned on the catalytic converter. You should not be using that o2 sensor at that location because that o2 should be placed on the cat. If you have any more issues please feel free to contact me."

Now they say this header is suppose to bolt right up, but than they tell you to extend the wires 5 feet and put the sensor in another spot???? Why would they put another bung down on the downpipe for than?