Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Need HEADER help for 96 Civic DX

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 11:56 PM
Default Need HEADER help for 96 Civic DX

If I am correct, would an EX header be a directl fit to my DX motor? Well as I know and why I have named myself headache96civic the cat is part of the header on the dx. I have ordered the Magnaflow direct-fit cat for the ex and now I am on the prowl for a header. Any suggestions on a place and brand? Also if there is any site anyone knows that shows a picture of an ex header/cat o.e. system I would be grateful so that I can compare what I have and what I need to do to get them to be about the same. I am trying to keep this as inspection legal as possible and I want the motor to not run to lean or rich because of the second O2 sensor. Would ex performance parts work on the dx motor, for example fuel-rail, fuel injectors, throttle body........? While I am at the world given to me would be nice!! Thank you in advance for any and all help.

Old 05-09-2006, 08:56 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Need HEADER help for 96 Civic DX

The EX exhaust will probably not fit right. They have a system for us DX, LX drivers. However, EX headers will fit the LX, and DX engines. After all, the block is the same damn thing as the ex.

The Exhaust system for our cars do not have a cat. You have to buy a seperate high-flow cat. You will also need an o2 simulator.

Old 05-09-2006, 01:49 PM

Excuse my stupidity, but why the heck can the header fit one way and not the other. That makes no sense to me- as Homer would say "Stupid friggin DX!!!" . Another stupid question- what exactly is an O2 simulator and where can you purchase one? Thank you for your time and help?

Old 05-09-2006, 08:42 PM
HCF Member

Excuse my stupidity, but why the heck can the header fit one way and not the other.
From what I understand that you said... thats because the header has four ports on the top and one at the end? Other than that I dont understand.

Another stupid question- what exactly is an O2 simulator and where can you purchase one? Thank you for your time and help?
That is not a stupid question, rather a good one at that. An o2 simulator is a device that will replce your stock o2 sensor. Simply because if you keep the stock on in and after you get all that done its going to think to itself "wtf is going on?" and make your engine run in *limp mode. You can snag an o2 sensor by asking one of our vendors like speed6 or if they cant help, www.o2simulator.com

* limp mode is a function the computer of the car will create if the o2 sensors are not reading correctly and or not working. Its basically as Berzerker (a member) quoted perfectly, "get you home mode". Basically, it will run like crap and give you bad gas mileage whilst losing horse power... about 3-5 hp.

I hope that helps. Dont be afraid to ask more questions.