Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Need Help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 07:32 PM
Default Need Help!

Ok this is probaly a stupid ? but i just installed my intake a couple weeks ago went great but the is a U shaped plastic piece that i cant seem to find the bolts to remove because i dont think im getting the air flow i need. Its not a part of the stock intake but it did connect to the filter box it goes under and back up just like a U. So do i need to remove this or what?

Also does every intake filter whistle?

Old 03-09-2008, 07:42 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Need Help!

pictures would help with the U shaped plastic piece

but for your ebay filter, you should get rid of of that really quick. K&N and AEM both make great filters that filter RIDICULOUSLY better than the ebay things. They're basically just really stiff cloth and then metal mesh. Idk, once oyu get a nice filter and compare it to an ebay one it's a crazy difference.

And most intakes make a different whistle sound, but it's always different from stock, you've got nothing to worry about it.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:10 PM
Default RE: Need Help!

Yeah i do have a K&N filter but the plastic U shaped piece is blocking some air flow i think not sure. Ill get some pics tommorow but im sure if u have a intake on ur civic u know what im talking about. Ok say u have ur stock intake right well right underneth the filter box theres a plastic piece that connects to the box well the plastic piece goes from the box under the body and right back up threw the body.

Ok heres a pic of what im talking about and thats water inside of it from where i lifted the hood its been raining like crazy here