Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Ready to purchase SRI... a few questions about fitment

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 08:48 AM
HCF Member
Default Ready to purchase SRI... a few questions about fitment

okay, i am looking to get my SRI and install it along with my header. I have a few questions about what brand to get with regards to fitment and type.

First off i have a 2000 EX 4dr with AT. When i look around on some web sites they list intakes that say MT on the description. Will a MT SRI fit on a AT ?? Also I stumbled upon the Weapon R brand while reading up on injen and AEM and was wondering how those compare?

basically i dont want to spend my money on something that doesn't fit or have hoses or lines left over that have no place to go in the intake.

oh, and before anyone suggests a CAI it is much to wet and rainy down here (south louisiana) for me to risk lockup.

Thanks in advance

Old 01-21-2008, 10:01 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Ready to purchase SRI... a few questions about fitment

- you wont see a differnec really between any name brand intakes. Even the ebay ones arent that bad as long as they have a nice filter
- to damage an engine, you need to submerge the filter in water completely, known as hydrolocking. Not very common (althouhg it DOES happen), so if you're worried about it, just go SRI, there isnt THAT big of a difference anyway
- try and find an intake specifically for A/T. AEM's website says the V2 is M/T specific, but then the SRI and CAI just say EX in general (this may be due to the way the V2 mounts in the engine bay, the A/T might be get in the way as opposed to the M/T). Injen's website says their SRI and CAI for the 2000 EX are universal for both types of trannys

Old 01-21-2008, 10:09 AM
HCF Member

The V2 only fits the M/T because the transmission bracket gets in the way. Even with the m/t the v2 comes with a narrower bracket to replace the fat stock one so it can fit in there.

Old 01-24-2008, 12:29 PM

i'd stick with K&N or injen sri's, this way if you install a strut tower bar you'll def have clearance.