Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Some questions on my car -- Help Plz

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 04:12 PM
Default Some questions on my car -- Help Plz

Well I am buying a bunch of stuff for my car now and letting it pile up so I can take a week off and do it all at once but I just noticed a couple things on the forums that I did not read when I first started researching all of this.

I have a 2000 DX hatch. I just bought the Megan Racing Headers and I was reading and it looks like this will remove my Catalytic Converter? Is this true and if so what do I need to buy? I am planning on getting a new exhaust and havent completely decided yet.

I was aiming at either the Megan Racing Drift-Spec or the Apexi WS2 some opinions have changed on the forums since I was last looking so I was wondering what is looking like the better choice between these two?

Again with the new headers and the new exhaust what else do I need to buy? Could I get the Magnaflow High flow Cat and stick that on with no problems? I know I need to buy a new o2 sensor but I am mostly worried about the Cat Converter right now. So yah help please I am getting close to having everything I need.

As for what I have bought so far just in case anyone is wondering (I will be posting pics of everything as I get them out and start installing.) LOL all of this stuff is sitting in my room.....

AEM SRI
Megan 4-2-1 headers
Tien S-Techs
Tokico Illuminas
Omni Power front and rear Camber Kit
Megan LCA's
Slotted Rotors w/ Hawk pads

Soon to be bought

Cat-Back Exhaust
Rear Anti-Sway bar
High Flow Cat Converter after I figure it all out

They only let me put like 40% tint on the front windows but I have 10% on everything else after I get all of this done I will be doing wheels and tires then...........

Old 10-25-2006, 04:20 PM
Default RE: Some questions on my car -- Help Plz

howdy i have a 2000 DX coupe and yes the cat on our DX model is mounted on the manifold you'll see that rite away when u pop your hood, you need to buy a high flow cat and o2 extensions and run the cat after the header like the civic EX comes with and i just installed the Apexi N1 i highly recommend you go with the Ws2 you'll love it unless you want a bean-can. my N1 offers great tone, no buzz and very little interior resonance. Best of luck brother!

Old 10-25-2006, 04:27 PM

I agree with WhtRice. I have an Apexi WS2 on my EX, along with a Magnaflow cat and DC Sports 4-2-1 ceramic header, and I love the sound. A tad louder than stock w/ a sweet sound when you're on it, no pissed off bumble bee in a can sound, and fit and finish are awesome. Apexi gets my vote.

Old 10-25-2006, 05:32 PM

Alright Apexi it is thanks guys. That is actually what I was looking for in sound so yah thats good. As for the Cat thing thanks WhtRice but one more thing just to make sure I absolutely understand what you said.

I put on my new headers and then I put the High flow CAt and then the catback exhaust. Will this all fit just as I bought it or does any of this require any modifications? Like will the exhaust be to long since im adding another piece in between it and the headers? Sorry if thats dumb of me not to know lol.

edit: On top of that differences and or reason I should save up more and go for the N1 instead of the WS2? They both look good to me.....

edit: LOL nvm I just listened to them on ebay and I am not much a fan of the N1 so yah I think im going with the WS2 sounds nice. I read your post on how you said yours sounded nice but I doubt I will be lucky enough to get a bugged one. Thanks though!

Old 10-25-2006, 09:52 PM
HCF Member

ok i think i can help out with this cuz ive been drooling over exhausts for like the past 3 months. Anyways, the ws2 is quite a bit quieter than the n1 and more mellow. It's not nearly as pervasive while netting near the same hp/tq gains. You'll love the way the ws2 sounds. If you're looking for slightly louder than stock, the ws2 and greddy evo2 are the way to go. And no you will not need the exhaust to be shortened. On the EX models of the same year, the Exhaust manifold went to the cat, which went to the exhaust. On the dx and lx models though, the cat was in the exhaust manifold, thereby making the exhaust system slightly longer to meet the manifold with no cat in between. By buying an aftermarket header, and cat, and exhaust, you are essentially rebuilding the exhaust the way the ex was (except for them being higher quality aftermarket parts). So you just have to buy everything that says it will fit an ex, and it will fit your car if you get all three-the cat, exhaust, and header. Hope that helped!

Old 10-26-2006, 01:27 AM

well i bought the headers that said it fit the 96-00 DX hatch.........I havent bought the Cat or the Exhuast yet so I will hold off on those till I know exactly what it is I need......

I have the 96-00 dx hatch headers will this be alright still though? Also as for the exhaust now im getting super confused. So I do not get the 96-00 dx hatch exhuast anymore? And for the Cat Converter Procivic.com has the Cat's for a 96-98 ex direct fit and a 99-00 semi direct fit......what do I need to buy.......

I do know for sure that I want the WS2 though so if anyone wants to just post a link to the exact Cat and Exhaust I should buy then I can find the same model of it from wherever I decide to buy them from....I would just like to see a link to the one that will work.

Old 10-26-2006, 02:34 PM

BUMP Hey I need to know if I need to buy a different type of exhaust and are the headers I bought going to work with that exhaust? And which High Flow Cat do I buy?

I have the headers ordered already for a 2000 dx hatch will these headers beable to direct bolt to a cat or will I need different headers?