Header, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

WS2....questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 12:35 PM
Default WS2....questions

i i bought the ws2 with a 3 inch inlet by accident, and it doesn't have the offset, which i am ok with because i am getting custom piping, but i am wondering if this version of a muffler is going to be really loud....i have to pass a muffler loudness test real soon and i got this brand thinking it's going to be quiet...but now looking at it i am not sure if it will be quiet enough.... it's a straight through

i have cat back already.... i know that if i get a resonator it will take out some of the loudness, but i am running out of time before i have to get it checked out by the police station... where can i pick up a decently nice resonator?

also last question this muffler looks like i am going to get a lot of raspy sounds out of it....will it because it's a 3 inch?....any thoughts on any of these questions...

[IMG]local://upfiles/17154/7DEE86B6F81E46938589A2FD8EBD4C02.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/17154/7EEAC2CA78F940A2A746C18F9F870BBC.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/17154/C23D247FAB74421D8FBC4D269984553E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-30-2008, 03:47 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: WS2....questions

ORIGINAL: crazybolts

i i bought the ws2 with a 3 inch inlet by accident, and it doesn't have the offset, which i am ok with because i am getting custom piping, but i am wondering if this version of a muffler is going to be really loud....i have to pass a muffler loudness test real soon and i got this brand thinking it's going to be quiet...but now looking at it i am not sure if it will be quiet enough.... it's a straight through

i have cat back already.... i know that if i get a resonator it will take out some of the loudness, but i am running out of time before i have to get it checked out by the police station... where can i pick up a decently nice resonator?

also last question this muffler looks like i am going to get a lot of raspy sounds out of it....will it because it's a 3 inch?....any thoughts on any of these questions...
a muffler of a different intlet won't make more noise than one of another inlet. the sound depends on your custom piping. you can get a resonator off of ebay; look for one by magnaflow. also, what makes you think it's gonna sound raspy? ws2 are NICE.

Old 01-30-2008, 04:50 PM

well...i am just wondering because it is a straight shot thru... i would think it would a little bit raspy because of nothing baffling the exhaust....

Old 01-30-2008, 05:03 PM
HCF Member

naw i think thats how mufflers work....atleast every muffler i've ever seen (the inside of a resnoator looks the same way). If thast legit Apexi, then it's gonna sound really good and it'll be on the quieter side of available mufflers. And as stated earlier, a Magnaflow resonator off ebay will do the trick.....search for "Magnaflow muffler" and yu'll see a bunch of different lengths/diamaters, pick the longest one you can find with the same inlet/outlet as the rest of youir piping.

Old 01-30-2008, 06:34 PM
HCF Member

I tend to think that the fact that it's too big is going to make it louder. It may still be ok, depending on the piping size you're putting it on. The way I think of it is the sound has to bounce off the sides to go into the muffler and be "muffled". The larger the pipe, the less bounces and the louder. I may be way off, haha...that's just how I look at it. I'd def. consider picking up a smaller size if you're putting it on anything smaller then 2.5

Old 01-30-2008, 07:21 PM

2.25?? i am a little worried...but i think i might have this figured out....i have a really bad universal stock muffler that i put on last time, i got it passed first...then put on the ws2.....if i feel it's too loud and i am going to get pulled over again, i'll just put the stock one back on until i can pick up a decent resonator...i don't know...i just want to have it passed with the exhaust that i am going to continue to use..that way if i get pulled over, i can tell them that it was passed.....
i live in wisconsin, the law is if it is louder than stock it's illegal... (which apparently doesn't go for trucks, and or harleys, just 20 year olds who look like they have drugs)