Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Aftermarket headlights? My stocks are fogged

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 04:17 PM
Default Aftermarket headlights? My stocks are fogged

Any suggestions on good aftermarket head lights. My stock lights are fogged and yellowed, and I need to replace them. I am wondering what nice clean options are? I have heard of projectors or LED's, but not really sure what that means. Don't want a massive change in appearance, because I like the sleek look, but enough of a change where it makes some difference.

Any suggestions?

It is an 03 EX 2-dr.

Roomie

Old 10-07-2008, 06:24 PM
HCF Member

What colour? And I would definitely suggest projectors. I don't know the exact meaning lol, which when i think about it is kinda embarrassing.. I think projector just means that they just "project" straight out of the headlight. But not positive. but they make the car look that much nicer. I have an 03 Si and compared to the ugly a*s stock ones, they make all the difference. If you do go aftermarket, I would suggest finding them at a local shop, and not eBay. And as for brands, I've heard Anzo is good, and Spyder.
You could just search google images for pics of styles, I would load pics of mine, but I don't get it back from the shop until this friday

Old 10-20-2008, 01:05 PM
Administrator - Formerly 90Civtegra

you dont necessary have to replace your stock headlights if you dont want to.

You can wet sand and buff them to get the yellow haze out of them

Old 10-20-2008, 01:34 PM

^yea the auto parts stores sell a kit for restoring headlights

Old 10-20-2008, 01:59 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by bretzky.6
What colour? And I would definitely suggest projectors. I don't know the exact meaning lol, which when i think about it is kinda embarrassing.. I think projector just means that they just "project" straight out of the headlight. But not positive. but they make the car look that much nicer. I have an 03 Si and compared to the ugly a*s stock ones, they make all the difference. If you do go aftermarket, I would suggest finding them at a local shop, and not eBay. And as for brands, I've heard Anzo is good, and Spyder.
You could just search google images for pics of styles, I would load pics of mine, but I don't get it back from the shop until this friday
nothing is wrong with getting headlights from ebay, if you seal them good, they will be just as good and would be cheaper

like they said you can restore the headlights you do not have to get new headlights. also, there was a thread created couple days ago about projector headlights already https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=70752

Last edited by sfazngiants; 10-20-2008 at 02:04 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:18 PM
HCF Member

if you want send me your headlights and il clean them for you no need to get rid of perfectly good headlights

Old 10-20-2008, 04:04 PM

How badly yellowed are they? If it's not that bad, I'd go buy a bottle of Meguiar's PlastX and use that to get as much of the yellow off as possible, then use 800-1000 grain sand paper to get the rest.

Old 10-22-2008, 05:04 AM
HCF Member

^^ wow someone needs to boot this kid off of here its those damn spam things that people do when they have no life my littl e9 year old brother plays runescape so grow up and get the hell out of here

Old 10-22-2008, 07:10 AM
HCF Member

booooo on projectors!!! Just take your stock ones apart. Clean up the inside becuase they may have leaked, redo the outter plastic, reseal it, and put it back in. GOOD TO GO!

Old 10-22-2008, 07:11 AM
HCF Member

oh yea...look up a diy on wetsanding the outter plastics. I just did it and worked amazing!

Quick Reply: Aftermarket headlights? My stocks are fogged