Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

anything?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 06:06 PM
Default anything?

not really much on my 95 civic except rims..anything else which is easy to do. It is dark green and i was thinking maybe the film over the tail lights or maybe some lights in the space under the dash..or something..any suggestions or places to buy the film for cheap? Thanks! -Rob

Old 12-03-2006, 06:18 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: anything?

as far as taillights, cheap and works good. get nightshade taillight tint from summit racing. like 20 bucks shipped. anybody that has used it can tell you, its the best way to go. lights under the dash...yea thats ok just make sure you hide all the wires. it is time consuming though. get some new headlights that adds well to the appearance.

Old 12-03-2006, 07:49 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well for lighting i always sugest
http://www.oznium.com/

preaty cool lighting option.....
thier newest lighting is thier flexable LED strips.... i bought a few of them and LOVE EM!!!!

check out my video i made of them
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...nt=leds005.flv

thats definatly the coolest lighting ive seen lately! i used to do thier cold cathodes but as soon as they come out with thier 6ft long versions of those led flex strips im definatly pullen the cold cathodes off and switching to those bright @ss leds!

Old 12-03-2006, 08:27 PM
HCF Member

ha i have noothing to say on this subject but addicted2bass, that was one of the weirdest videos i ever seen lol was that somebody sleepin on that bed?!?!?

Old 12-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Recognized HCF Member

LOL na no one was in the bed.... i just dont make my bed.LMFAO

i just just showen ya how flexable those led strips are!!!!! and if they can be twisted around that much you can put them ANYWHERE!!!!!! ya dont have to worry about a flat mounting area to put your lighting anymore!

and they are water proof so where ever you want to put it YOU CAN and not worry about them!

i dare you to find a brighter more flexable led strip! thats a single strip!

Old 12-03-2006, 09:19 PM
HCF Member

Hehe your sucking me into the craze. I'm so close to getting them done and installing them during my winter break. Are you in any way affiliated with the website/company and get money for the people you suck in =). Haha kidding.

Old 12-04-2006, 09:05 AM
Recognized HCF Member

nope not affiliated at all.... but ive ordered from them for about 2years now and every order comes very quickly! and if thiers ever a problem he works very quick to solve the problem!

i had one order lost in the mail.... BOOM shortly later he send me a replacement package.... i got one HID system with a bad ballast... BOOM i got it replaced ASAP. and all my other orders ive gotten very quickly... anyone thats bought from them will tell you how good the service is!
best customer serive on the web!!!!

he is cool as hell even to just talk with and almost always available on AIM messenger.

and they have a very nice lighting forum for all thier lighting stuff.....

im a very happy customer! and will always be a return customer [8D]

if i find a great place to buy great products..... im gonna spready the word
i dont want people spending twice as much for some crapy neons from autozone or walmart.LOL

Old 12-04-2006, 05:47 PM

hey thanks addiction2bass i checked out that site and they look awesome! i like this look:
( http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...orlighting.jpg )
and could anyone recomend which ones to get to do that job and it is hard to do all the wiring so you cant see the wires? Thanks! -rob

Old 12-04-2006, 08:04 PM
Recognized HCF Member

for those are easy to hide.... of course ill suggest the led flexable strips
tho he is using 4 lights.... 2 green and 2 white... greens under the dash and white is under the seats....

and he is using some leds for the drink holders to lite up the drinks...
tho those can be alittle tuffer but still preaty doable with the right tools..

id sugest some prewired leds with some plastic led holders...

http://www.oznium.com/led-flex-strips
http://www.oznium.com/prewired-leds
http://www.oznium.com/led-holder

hardest part will be mounting the leds down inside the cupholder.... cause they need to be flush mounted... cause if the leds stick up if ya just drilled holes in them and put in the leds and the holders then the drinks would hit them.... and your drinks might wobble.LOL

ya might be able to just cut down the tip so its flat with the holder.....

and if ya want green leds and dont mind soldering i got a bunch of green leds and resistors BUT ya gotta solder them which can be a pain! i just got a bunch left over from my truck....
the prewired leds may be a extra buck each BUT after ya solder a few dozen resistors to the leds....... LMFAO

Old 12-05-2006, 12:16 AM

for starting out i probably would only put the lights under the dash (1 green on each side) would the flex still be the easiest and cheapest way to go? And where do you connect the wires for the LEDs? ---My friend has this LED tube in his car, looks like a neon light, has this 3 ft. wire connecting to his cigarette lighter..long story short looks like **** and i dont want mine to look like that

Quick Reply: anything?