Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Can anyone help me with this question?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 06:13 PM
HCF Member
Default Can anyone help me with this question?

So i just installed a 6" SI style spoiler on my civic this past weekend. I will put up some pics soon. My next project, for visual, is to get a really nice set of rims. I would need the wheels with them as well. I am thinking of going 17s. Now i have heard you need to lower your car if you get rims that big. Can someone explain to me what lowering is and how to do it and mayber where to go to buy any supplies or whatever it is you need. Also if anyone has any good suggestions for rims they think look great on a Civic. I have a 97 black hx coupe. Thank you for all of your help!

Garrett

Old 10-24-2006, 07:13 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Can anyone help me with this question?

No... you can lower your car in any order... when you lower a car you just take off the springs that hold your car up and replacing them with shorter ones that are stiffer... neuspeed, H&W are some names of springs... usually people put the tires on first to see how much they have to drop the car... I really think cars look smooth without any gap between tire and fender, some people like the wheels waay tucked into the wheel wells...

If you do 17s on a 97 you should look at some ROTAs black with a polished lip... sexy sexy sexy post a pic of your car and I can photoshop them on for you... make it a good resolution and sideways and it'll be super easy!

Old 10-24-2006, 07:17 PM
HCF Member

As for where to buy the springs, you should consider buying from the HCF vendors like the CorruptMotors guy... I am going to buy my lowering springs from him for like 225 bucks which is better than ebay... I am only dropping my car 1.5 inches because when the car is full of passengers it gets too low for my liking.... and lowering your car helps it steer around corners and handle better... once you lower it you should consider adding struts and sways to make it a crazy stiff ride.

For intakes you should definetly talk to WestImport ... i bought my CAI from him for 80 bucks... those are normally over 200 FYI...

Old 10-24-2006, 07:30 PM
HCF Member

Thanx man. I love this site becuase almost any question you can have for your car, can be answered on here. I will be putting up pictures soon. Yea i have been wondering wether to go with a CAI and exhaust first or to go with the rims. Hard decision.