Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

doing my cluster LED instal ;) 99civic EX

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 12:29 AM
Default RE: doing my cluster LED instal ;) 99civic EX

well I had seen your post about the hid's and how you got the flexable led stirps and I'd read another post on hidplanet saying to use that kind of led for a lighting swap but I was reluctant to get them and find that nothing would fit and such. I can now say it's a mod I'll put in to motion to replace my current led conversion bulbs that do suck.... Thanks for making a post showing where you routed the led's and that everything will indeed fit.

I was thinking for the needles was to do a 4" uv cold cathode in the outter flood lights space and then paint a light coat of uv paint (that glows blue of course ) on the needles.... figure it should look good but it's finding the uv paint that is white with out the light is what I gotta find.

Yea the manual cluster don't have the lil assembly in the middle. The two extra indicators that are between the gauges in the lower part of the cluster are an abs light and a cruise control light.

Old 12-01-2006, 01:21 AM
February 2010 ROTM

props man i like it thinking about trying it......gonna have to put in another order to phil.....i have given him so much of my money in the past :P

Old 12-01-2006, 04:44 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: BlackDX

Yea the manual cluster don't have the lil assembly in the middle. The two extra indicators that are between the gauges in the lower part of the cluster are an abs light and a cruise control light.

well the 2 extra lights im talken about is the gear sellectors....... mine goes down in a straight row... but on the bottom part thiers 2 extra holes besides them inrow... they are next to the gas/temp gauges...

and i do like the idea for the needles ya got
if you find some stuff to do that with definatly hit me up with the info for it!

i tried aiming some UV leds at the needles and they dont glow any so i ditched that idea.LOL

Old 12-01-2006, 07:11 AM
HCF Member

wait are those pics showing the led bulbs in the cluster? your 2nd post of pictures

Old 12-01-2006, 07:21 AM

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

and you cannt extend the wires from the transformer to the cathode tubes

incorrect... you can extend wires between cathode tubes and inverters, you can even use regular wire and not the special kynar wire that most tubes use.

it's a lot more common in the modded computer scene for people who want to hide the tubes and inverters far from each other

Old 12-01-2006, 07:23 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Looks pretty damn good man, but how hard is it to see the needles? (sorry if someone already asked, I need cliff notes because I'm lazy)

Old 12-01-2006, 07:44 AM
HCF Member

That looks great, Addiction! I wanna see them in the car.

Old 12-01-2006, 01:50 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Forty04

Looks pretty damn good man, but how hard is it to see the needles? (sorry if someone already asked, I need cliff notes because I'm lazy)
well not realy sure... BUT the needles and kinda the front face get lite from the bulbs way up top...
here ill show a picture of it..

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...R/DSC00001.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...R/DSC00002.jpg

those bulbs are in the clusters visor... they basicaly just lite up the face of the gauges which also lites up the needles.
tho i mjust gonna keep them stock bulbs in thier.... they already kinda have a blue tint layer thier and since leds are so directional i just dont think i could get it looken right...

but with extending the cathode wires... its just to much work!
now with doing the leds hell just run the wires and attach the led strips where ever ya want i like this one guys liting that has some under his hear rest which looks sweet! im gonna copy him as well as think about puting some in my sunroofs visor........

Old 12-01-2006, 02:23 PM
HCF Member

looks great man!!! i really like how it lights up, your doing a really good job with that. My buddy just orderd like 100 blue L.E.Ds for a project he has to do for college. Im going to buy a bunch off of him and do my gauges/heater controles like mxs did. Great job!

Old 12-01-2006, 02:27 PM
HCF Member

nice job dude !!!!!! i like em, just a lil too bright for me !!

Quick Reply: doing my cluster LED instal ;) 99civic EX