Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

don't spoil my fun

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 11:26 AM
Default don't spoil my fun

alright, so my civic didn't come with a spoiler, so that puts me in the market for one. i want to get an oem-looking one, because aluminum wings aren't my thing. i'm basically wondering if anyone has any suggestions on where to find a spoiler that won't cost me a kidney to afford. i've looked on ebay, but i'm getting tired of being screwed over on shipping costs, and then the product arriving and not being quite what i was expecting. i just don't want to drop the cash on ebay and then when the spoiler arrives, i want to shoot myself in the toe.

also....IF i were to look on ebay, would anyone recommend buying a spoiler that is primed or should i get one already painted to "match" my car? ugh.

all EX's should just come with a spoiler. [>:]

Old 06-26-2005, 01:21 PM
Default RE: don't spoil my fun

ORIGINAL: xe1002

because aluminum wings aren't my thing.
I was so worried that this thread was going to be someone wanting one of those, lol

Anyway, I would suggest trying craigslist for you local area. If you find one there you will be able to go check it out before you give them your kidney. Otherwise maybe check with some recyclers, you might even get the right color.

As for getting it off eBay, I would suggest getting a primed one for 2 reasons.
1) who knows what will happen to the paint during shipping
2) the paint wont be 100% match cause your paint has ligghtly faded, although there is a good line between the car and the spoiler so it wont be too too noticable

Old 06-26-2005, 03:08 PM

Go to www.handa-accessories.com They have factory spoilers. They hybrid spoilers are cool.

Old 06-26-2005, 03:20 PM

ORIGINAL: LEVIII

I was so worried that this thread was going to be someone wanting one of those, lol

hehe, nope. i have one of the few civics around here without a blob of recycled pop cans hanging off the back of my car. anyway, before i read this, i sorta had an idea to check the local salvage yards. that would let me see the spoiler before buying, and i can always get it repainted. i just bought a new grill for my car off ebay (that's why i'm irritated with that site), and it wasn't quite as described. but, i will be painting part of that, so i'll probably take my original grill and have the paint matched, and just do the grill and spoiler at the same time. i just don't want my car to look dumb with different shades of white all over it. [:'(]

thanks, levii and gunmetal for your suggestions. any more are always welcomed!

Old 06-26-2005, 03:32 PM
HCF Member

yo go to a junkyard and get a spoiler off of a civic.......u can sand it aint paint it urself and clearcoat it and it will look great.