Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

flog light/head light/grill opinion question

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 01:57 PM
HCF Member
Default flog light/head light/grill opinion question

Name:  IMG_0002.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  78.3 KB

I have a 99 LX, and I want to get some JDM yellow fog lights, but I was wondering how hard it is to cut out the holes in the bumper to fit the lights? and also, is the wiring from the engine bay to under the driver dash already there to hook up the fog lights? I've seen the installation guide off hondaacessories and those were my only 2 concerns.

I am also considering getting a JDM type-r grill too, and possibly some new headlights, but not sure about new headlights. I don't want to have to put a lot of work into having to get the headlights aimed correctly.

I did like the JDM smoked out crystal headlights, but I'm not sure if they're legal in CA, if anyone knows?

My car is stock and im not a big mod person. Not experienced working on cars either. Just wanted to know what you guys think.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:36 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: flog light/head light/grill opinion question

wiring up fog lights are real easy. aiming head lights is simpler then fog lights. you turn a screw and it raises it and lowers it. for installing the fog lights, a dremel tool works real good on cutting it out. if your bumper is the actual stock bumper it should have the cut outs on the back on where to cut. mine did. alot of the stuff is plug and play. bolt up. won't need much skill or modding to get what you want done.

Old 12-21-2007, 04:42 PM
HCF Member

To my knowledge it is the stock bumper, but I don't have a dremel.

Old 12-21-2007, 05:11 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well go to walmart and buy a cheap corded dremel. i think it was easier to use the drill looking bit.
mine wasnt a stock bumper but looked like it BUT STILL..... very easy to cut it out... just remember CUT SMALL and work your way larger and keep test fiting.... YOU CAN ALWAYS CUT MORE OUT... but adding plastic after cuting off to much...... na i dont need to tell ya thats not good.LOL

second one is always faster than the first to cut out and fit....

i prefere OEM fitment and quality BUT i dont care for thier power source tho.....
cause the fog lights that are OEM only come on when your headlight low beams are on.... if the high beams or just the parking lights are ON the fogs arent on..... sucked so i rewired mine myself so they can be ON with just the parking lights on..

Old 12-21-2007, 05:45 PM
HCF Member

yeah i bought aftermarket fogs, and i had a fun time rewiring some stuff but i can have mine on with just the parking brakes on. Oh and i used a boxcutter to cut the bumper. Just make sure its sharp and go slowly.

Old 12-22-2007, 06:45 PM
HCF Member

addiction, how did you wire the fogs so that they would work at all times?

Old 12-23-2007, 04:13 AM
Recognized HCF Member

you preaty much hardwire into the fuse box.. and swap the small wire on the headlight to the parking light...

its not easy to figure out but with a light tester and some time its doable...
but the aftermarket ones come with the fuse box plugs i believe, i would just modify the turn on wire from the fuse box to the parking light wire.

Old 12-23-2007, 10:22 AM

ORIGINAL: hovo61788

addiction, how did you wire the fogs so that they would work at all times?
http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=116077

Old 12-23-2007, 12:20 PM
Recognized HCF Member

only thing i dont like about that DIY is the changing fuses.... your not suposed to put any larger fuse in that slot as it was designed for....

and for the alarm/ parking light blowing, you have to use a relay, because the alarm has enough power to supply juice to minor parking lights no problem BUT when you add fog lights to that equation it pulls to much juice and blows the inline fuse on the alarms output.... been thier done that... LOL