Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

hit&run

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 05:29 PM
HCF Member
Default hit&run

so my car was parked...i ran into a store to do some christmas shopping, i was in there for about 20 minutes and i came out and saw that my bumper was half laying on the ground and my taillight was smashed...i reported the accident but they'll never find them. i decided not to go through insurance seeing as how i could fix it. when they hit me they broke the passenger inner and outer lamps and broke the mounting bolt for the bumper, and also pushed the curved peice of metal under the lamp inwards. also pushed some of the metal round the light back and cracked the paint. the paint was almost a 1/16th thick so i'll have to feather out part of the rear quarter to make it look decent again. i also noticed that now my trunk lid gaps are uneven and was wondering if they are adjustable? I drilled a new hole and remounted the bumper and tomorrow i'll run to the junkers and get that piece under the lamp. and after all that i thought i would treat myself to some anzo black lamps just for all the suffering. i would do more but it's -49 degrees celsius thats -56 for all you yanks. thanks for reading my christmas hit and run story here are some pics as of right now...sorry its dark out

Old 12-18-2008, 05:43 PM
HCF Member

that sucks, at least its fixable.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:50 PM
HCF Member

dammm yeah i hate it when that happens i was at school and i came outta class and my bumper had white scuffs and a crack. mad noticable on a black car and ofcourse no white car in the whole lot lol.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:01 PM

That sucks man

I saw a hit and run last year after school got out at my old high school. A big lifted truck on huge tires went to pull out of its parking spot (was backed into the spot) and turned before he go out far enough, and ran over the back right corner of the car with his huge tires... not sure if he got in trouble or not.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:14 PM
HCF Member

fn stupid *** drivers. I almost got in an accident yesterday from dumbasses pulling out from parking lot onto main road. Traffic was busy on their side of the road, but when there's a gap there to go they just assume traffic coming the other way is always clear.

dude just shot out and if I didn't slam on brakes I would've destroyed his right side of the car. He would've felt pretty stupid had I hit him, let alone hit him with a passenger in the car.

stupid drivers deserve to have their hands and feet cut off. So many times have I had to be the one defensively driving or I'd be in at least 6 accidents i the last 4 months. 4 of them probably would've totaled the car.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:20 PM

Hey, lucky for you, Bakertime has a for sale thread that has all kinds of parts for that very car. If you wanna go back stock, he has those tail lamps.
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=72140

He has another thread with more parts.

Just tossing some options out there.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:38 PM

They need to make the driver's license tests harder, and the permit test too.

IMO, on the driver's license test you should be only granted one very very minor slip up. Mess up twice and you fail.

On the permit test, there need to be more questions. This test is only about road rules, and those rules are the most commonly forgotten ones. Many people know how to drive but they simply do not know the rules... road rules should play a much larger part in obtaining a license.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:02 PM
HCF Member

wow that sucks, at least it doesn't look too bad to fix

Old 12-19-2008, 06:34 AM
HCF Member

yea it doesnt look like you got hit REALLY bad. good luck fixing it.

at school i saw this guy pull in to his spot and he scraped a car along the whole side. and all he did was reverse out and repark and left LOL WTF

Old 12-19-2008, 06:46 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by sfazngiants
wow that sucks, at least it doesn't look too bad to fix
most of it isnt to bad but around the lamp housing is pushed back so thats the only thing that might be tough to get out but i'm no to worried my new anzo black lamps should be here before christmas so i'll start pulling some metal out and feathering the paint and post up some pics of the repair