Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Interior PAINT VS. DASH KIT

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 11:17 PM
Default RE: Interior PAINT VS. DASH KIT

a friend of mine used clear coat after he painted his dash but then a few weeks later he said the clear coat ate away at the plastic?

Old 03-17-2005, 07:22 PM

you have to sand the dach before you paint it

Old 03-20-2005, 01:30 AM

Neither. It's rice. But to each his own.

Old 03-26-2005, 01:21 PM

talk to mossy... hes the master at painting the dash. His turned out really nice!

Old 03-26-2005, 06:35 PM

haha, JW you flatter me . but yea mine actually came out pretty glossy, and its tough (no chipping, peeling, etc.)

Old 03-26-2005, 08:49 PM

i have a civic and an eclipse

i dont know if u guys know this but eclipse door handles break off easily and they r made out of plastic so i had to get new ones and the new ones came black so i told my friends dad if he could paint it and he said yeah but he said get all the paint and stuff the main part is that he told me to get this stuff called bulldog adhensive so the paint could stick on too the plastic it cost about 15 bucks but my door handles came out pretty good and yeah there plastic no chipping or nothing

Old 04-09-2005, 11:08 PM
HCF Member

if you do it right, it will look sweet. look at mossy's ride. his is tight. i used duplicolor on everything on my ride. it matched perfectly. it's the only spray paint that did. i did my eyelids with it and you would swear they came from the dealer. just remember to clean and sand and you'll be fine. mine has lasted about 3 years with no problems at all. good luck and keep us posted!

Old 04-09-2005, 11:25 PM
HCF Member

get a brushed aluminum dash kit......a real one......itll look nice......like it came from the factory like that......paint is ricey./

Old 04-09-2005, 11:52 PM
HCF Member

are you saying that mossy's ride is ricey? i think that his **** is tight! it takes along *** time to do that. it's more personal when you do **** yourself. what's that old saying? real cars are built, not bought. that is very true. any wiener could buy a trim kit, but not everyone could take the time to do something custom and make it look nice. but i guess that's what makes it your opinion.

Old 04-09-2005, 11:58 PM
HCF Member

ive been there bro. Im not mocking Mossys ride 1 bit. I had an 94 Sentra with an SR20 swapped in it, and i painted the interior too. I did it right too.......sanded, primered, painted, clearcoated and yadda ya......but im just sayin i personally think that if mossy were to have replaced all the pieces he painted with actual aluminum pieces it would look 10x better. Besides i GUARENTEE if u paint ur dash or anything in ur car youll be sitting there 1 day and think to urself "Damn i dont like this nemore"............but this is just my opnion.............The red Mossy did looks good man......its glossy and looks good........let that car sit in the 90 degree sun for a day and the paints going to start getting sticky and ****.........it needs to be re done every so often because paint fades.........a dash kit wont need to be re done....just clean it and ur set........believe me man Ive personally been down this path before and id NEVER paint a dash a bold color like red ever again...............i guess im just getting old or something but those bright colors dont do it for me anymore.

Quick Reply: Interior PAINT VS. DASH KIT