Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

ok i want some LED's now dammitt.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 04:24 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: ok i want some LED's now dammitt.....

main thing is with legality........
hide the lights! the glow on the ground is fine in my area... but the bulbs visable is not onlyt TACKY LOOKEN but illegal...

and with your color choice.... just be sure ya like it

i picked blue for my interior because of my radio and other controls...

but my UB is green... mainly cause i like green LMFAO
my truck is green and i had my old green cathodes on it...

another main factory is what your vehicles color is....
but black and silver.... it will work for ANY color you want

Old 02-13-2007, 04:34 PM
HCF Member

im thinkin mainly for now i wanna do under the seats and under the dash...what size of the flex LED's would be best to go with or should i go with something else???

Old 02-13-2007, 04:42 PM
HCF Member

The smallest sizes will be perfect, any more and it will be too bright.

Mine are 5" I think, zip-tied to the under guts of the dash.

Old 02-13-2007, 06:20 PM
Recognized HCF Member

to much...LOL no such thing.......

but the prices for the led strips are preaty straight forward on thier length.... so just buy a few.... im sure you can figure out something else to do with the extra lights if they are bright enough for only a few strips
i want to also get ai think close to 4ft led strip... and mount it where the seats fold down... so it lites up my front firing sub and port and maybe even one 12inch strip inside my port....
im just to lazy and dont have enough cash.... tried to pay off a few credit cards last month.... and wouldnt ya know.... they already back up to half..... o well... price any one pays that loves to modify thier rides... some do performance, some do looks..... some people like me kinda do both... but more leaned towards my apperance and sound.

Old 02-13-2007, 06:24 PM
HCF Member

well thats how i am right now with the looks and sound thats why my motor is pretty much stock..lol.Thier prices seem to be pretty good so at least i feel like its worth it.I dont think you can have too much either but i dont think you could do something like a dimmer switch could you??? This seems to be a bit easier then my original plans of a disco ball and fog machine.....lmao

Old 02-13-2007, 10:29 PM

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_268485/tm.htm

there u go .. u asked me about wiring and led's in the a/c vents... take a look

Old 02-13-2007, 10:33 PM
HCF Member

sweet man thx....thats a long *** post too...lol.I think there is everything on there i could ever ask.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:35 PM

anytime

Old 02-16-2007, 09:19 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Personally, I have blue, inside and out (on a black car).... wiring everything's not hard... I'll put it like this: it's harder to find a place to run the wires through the firewall than it is to actually wire everything up. With an underlight kit, they usually come with everything you need for wiring. My SG kit came with everything and a wiring diagram (which I promptly threw back in the box and never looked at--I've put four different sets of underlights on various people's cars... I know what I'm doing lol)... I think I'm going to do a write-up on wiring up neon... I have nothing better to do lol

anyway, Blue, Red, Green, and White all look awesome on black cars.... I really like the green idea... it used to be really overdone, but I haven't seen a car with green neons (irl) in quite some time (which is a good thing)...

Old 02-18-2007, 03:28 PM
HCF Member

I wanna do my interior with cathodes.
In one of these kits do you get two 12" or just one 12"???http://www.oznium.com/cathode-kit

Will two 12" cathodes underneath the dash. One underneath the stearing wheel, and another under the glove compartment be enough to light up the whole floor on each side?

I was thinking of doing the air vents with LED's aswell.

Where else do you guys suggest putting them, I'm not to concerned with the back, mostly just the front of the car. I got a 2 door so it's pretty small in the back anyways.

Quick Reply: ok i want some LED's now dammitt.....