Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

road cone orange & anima........

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 07:51 PM
Default RE: road cone orange & anima........

what the hell is a ricer?

Old 03-26-2008, 08:05 PM

RICER:
(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
-Any person who adds tasteless modifications to a perfectly normal automobile.
-Any person who spends more money to make their car look like it goes fast than they spend on actually making it go fast.
-People who try to get into the import tuning scene after watching the fast and the furious a few too many times.
-Someone regardless of ethnicity with any vehicle regardless of type that put money into the cosmetics of their vehicle instead of performance and treats it as though it will beat anything it up against.
-Puts a stereo in which makes the cheap plastic add-on components rattle like a can being kicked down the street.
-Wheel flares, BMW gills, false air intakes.
-Nonfunctional exhaust tips, exhaust resonators that produce the sound of a "real"performance exhaust system.
-Excessive use of chrome, neon and strobe lighting (in any location).
-Excessively large wheels and tires compared to the size of the car.
-Fake blow off valves that emulate the sounds made by a real turbo.
-Although a common blight in imported automobiles coming from the Asian continent, the disease has spread to European and American vehicles as well. Both cars and trucks are effected.
-Anyone who modifies a vehicle with really bad paint job, mismatched colored interior, and exterior.
-Useless hood or roofscoops.
-Monstor tach for a stock vehicle.
-Lambo doors.
-One with a double decker spoiler on a front wheel drive.

This is the general idea of what most people would call "ricer" I have also enclosed a picture of what "ricer" would be.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24202/1BFFB32A85174C7F9B1120131FEB913B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-27-2008, 09:13 AM
Super Cereal Admin

The term "rice" gets thrown around a little too much if you ask me... basically, people use it to describe any car they don't like (go ahead and argue). It used to be reserved for rediculously modified (aka ugly) vehicles and ones with a ton of money thrown into appearance with a close-to-stock engine. What everyone seems to forget is that not everybody wants a fast car... some just want a show-worthy car. After all, people who don't know much about cars (95% of the world's population) don't give a rat's *** about a boosted k24/k20a2 swapped civic that runs mid-11's if it looks stock.

Personally, I think if you like something, go for it... but think it through first, because there's a good chance that in a year or two you'll be kicking yourself for it.

(also, is it just me, or does the word "show" look funny? [8D])

*edit: and I lol'd at the blower on that accord

Old 03-27-2008, 06:22 PM

what what is the car called if it looks like a ricer but *** a bad *** motor? really i dont kow **** about the enigne or motor or trasmsion. but i want to learn more about it, really i wanted to dec out the looks of the car and then put a good motor or engine in it. evenualy i want to go to my local drag stip and race cars. (not go all pro and stuff)

Old 03-27-2008, 07:56 PM
HCF Member

It all depends on the style, if it looks horrible at least it has the modifications to the engine to backup the car.