Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Tein S-Techs

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 11:49 PM

The lowering springs designed for stock shocks (S-techs) still should be used with aftermarket shocks... you can use them with stock shocks but the shocks will still blow out prematurely... just not as soon as they would with other lowering springs. They are pretty good springs for stock shocks if you don't mind taking the setup apart again in a year or so to replace your shocks. There's nothing wrong with that as long as you are dedicated enough to actually replace the blown ones when it happens.

pls: Your setup may ride smooth now but it won't last very long... at all. I wouldn't recommend that anyone do this, especially with springs like that (because they lower so much). "Race" lowering springs of any brand are usually the lowest and stiffest ones they offer and should never be used on stock shocks. If those are smooth to you then you must either be stretching the term "smooth" by using it in reference to your setup or possibly your shocks are already blown and the stiffness of the springs combined with the looseness of the shocks is creating the effect of a soft ride. Do you notice any bounce when going over bumps?

a suspension-related spin on the classic phrase:
reliable, low, cheap... pick 2

Last edited by trustdestruction; 01-08-2010 at 12:05 AM.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:29 AM
pls
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
The lowering springs designed for stock shocks (S-techs) still should be used with aftermarket shocks... you can use them with stock shocks but the shocks will still blow out prematurely... just not as soon as they would with other lowering springs. They are pretty good springs for stock shocks if you don't mind taking the setup apart again in a year or so to replace your shocks. There's nothing wrong with that as long as you are dedicated enough to actually replace the blown ones when it happens.

pls: Your setup may ride smooth now but it won't last very long... at all. I wouldn't recommend that anyone do this, especially with springs like that (because they lower so much). "Race" lowering springs of any brand are usually the lowest and stiffest ones they offer and should never be used on stock shocks. If those are smooth to you then you must either be stretching the term "smooth" by using it in reference to your setup or possibly your shocks are already blown and the stiffness of the springs combined with the looseness of the shocks is creating the effect of a soft ride. Do you notice any bounce when going over bumps?

had it for 2 year in my white civic and still rides good....

Last edited by pls; 01-08-2010 at 06:18 AM.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:08 AM
HCF Member

So If I decide to purchase the Neuspeed one's from ebay for $140 what kind of struts or shocks should I look to purchase.

Old 01-08-2010, 06:19 AM
pls
HCF Member

koni.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:25 AM
HCF Member

http://www.koni-na.com/sport.cfm
How About these, but wow $318.00 for the front and back separate so that is $636.00 total, plus $140 for springs equals $776.00. Any cheaper shocks out there?

Old 01-08-2010, 12:31 PM

Try KYB AGX, they're cheaper and still good.

Originally Posted by pls
had it for 2 year in my white civic and still rides good....
Surprising. Consider yourself very, very lucky.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:07 PM
March 2010 ROTM

I have the Nuespeed Race springs and Tokico HP struts on my car and its not a bad ride at all. The Tokico HPs are the cheapest struts I would recommend to anyone. I have had them on two of my Civics and never had a complaint about them. Although I will be upgrading to a full coilover setup this upcoming summer for the adjustability.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:10 PM

Oh yea, I forgot about Tokico blues (HP)... get those kingdakota, they're less expensive

Old 01-08-2010, 05:19 PM
HCF Member

Oh yea, I forgot about Tokico blues (HP)... get those kingdakota, they're less expensive
Thank you guys both for the help.

Old 01-08-2010, 05:23 PM
HCF Member

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOKIC...Q5fAccessories

So these are a good choice, plus the Neuspeed springs and thats all I will need to get the car lowered?

Quick Reply: Tein S-Techs