Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Tein S-Techs

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 06:13 PM
HCF Member

correct. and maybe an alignment

Old 01-08-2010, 06:39 PM

P.S. Pay extra if you can and get the lifetime alignment (free alignments for the rest of the ownership of the vehicle, some places let you even transfer it to another car). Your car is getting sort of old and suspension parts are probably starting to deteriorate. This means eventually you'll need new ball joints, tie rod ends, etc. and most suspension parts require you to have an alignment after they are replaced. You'll save a lot of money in the long-run... I just paid for lifetime alignment a few days ago, and I really wish I had paid for it 5 times ago. If you get it, get it at the shop you would prefer to use most frequently.

Also, drive on the lowered springs for a week or two before getting an alignment to allow the springs to settle first. Just don't forget about it.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:20 AM
March 2010 ROTM

What shops give lifetime alignments? Im in need of an alignment now and I plan on doing a coilover setup in the summer. Be nice to only pay once.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:38 AM
February 2010 ROTM

I run ground control springs and koni yellows and love the ride. I do lots o auto x an never have had one blow out yet. Tokico blues are junk and are super cheap had to always replace them in my shop.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by plethoric33
What shops give lifetime alignments? Im in need of an alignment now and I plan on doing a coilover setup in the summer. Be nice to only pay once.
I got mine at Tires Plus. It cost $180 and I can also transfer it to another vehicle once.

Old 01-09-2010, 12:04 PM
March 2010 ROTM

Originally Posted by justinwebb
I run ground control springs and koni yellows and love the ride. I do lots o auto x an never have had one blow out yet. Tokico blues are junk and are super cheap had to always replace them in my shop.
How odd that I have had them on 2 civics and never had one blow out. Also autocrossed. If they made it through that they are more than fine for his daily driver.

Old 01-11-2010, 01:14 AM

Ive got Tein S-Techs on stock struts, someone said earlier that you cant notice the difference and i beg to differ.
Name:  Car.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  45.2 KB

Old 01-11-2010, 05:27 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by floridaboii
Ive got Tein S-Techs on stock struts, someone said earlier that you cant notice the difference and i beg to differ.

They meant it is a worthless drop.... Does look noticeable on yours though, but usually, no it looks stock haha

Old 01-11-2010, 09:03 AM

lol you must be mad. the lowest part of the car it 5in from the ground. stock would be? ive had ppl say that it feels like there riding in a go cart..lol and i want lower

Old 01-11-2010, 07:16 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by floridaboii
lol you must be mad. the lowest part of the car it 5in from the ground. stock would be? ive had ppl say that it feels like there riding in a go cart..lol and i want lower
Well yeah.. anyone witha .5 inch drop wil want to go lower........

And my del sol is stock height, its HIGHHHHH and i bet it feels much lower than yours with how small it is, it really is like a go kart. lol.

Quick Reply: Tein S-Techs