Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Undecided about wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 01:32 PM
HCF Member
Default Undecided about wheels

Well i wanna paint my wheels bronze but im just not sure if i should paint them or buy a set of konig britelite in red. will the paint chip if i paint my wheels?or maybe getting them powder coated will give better results?

Old 12-01-2007, 01:40 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Undecided about wheels

one of the guys that comes into my paint store said he could get a guy to powdercoat rims for like $69 a rims which is Expensive, but at me store i got this stuff made by duplicolor called Hiperformance wheel coatings.(i think) its "track tested" anyway they have black silver gunmetal bronze white and thne the clear its like $6 a can so thats a good way to go, Just clean them well and scuff them with like a scotchbrite(3M)

Old 12-01-2007, 02:01 PM
HCF Member

here are my wheels and a set of Konig britelite

Old 12-02-2007, 08:02 AM
HCF Member

hmmmmm anyone?

Old 12-02-2007, 11:15 AM
Snail'n Admin

IMO, both would look solid. however, I'm also a big fan of bronze rims and polished lip on a white car I can powdercoat wheels (have an oven big enough for motorcycle frames and all the powdercoating equipment) and 69 a rim is alil expensive, unless that means stripping and pc'ing. Of course look at this way. It depends on their quality, the powder they use, plus how they do it. What i mean is blasting media (if thats what they use) is expensive. We (my dad and I) have sand media specifically for pc'ing which is like 45$ for 5lbs I think. Plus we also use aircraft removal stuff for pc thats already on, whcih can add up if doing large surfaces. Depending on the heating elements used, that can cost a lot as well. If you are thinking about new wheels, like the red ones, I'd just paint the ones you have now. Pc'ing is really durable stuff and it's becoming pretty popular, but painting is how it's been done for years. Depending on where you live and the amount of stones/weather there, paint may or may not live up to the elements. Lots of factors IMO. keeping them short term? paint, but if you keep the wheels you ahve for a while, pc.