Inside and Out Talk about your interior and exterior mods here.

Yay! New toys!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 10:18 AM
HCF Member

Nice headlights man. Whats the style? Titanium, crystal, smoked?

Old 09-29-2008, 06:20 PM
HCF Member

Smoked. Light output really freaking sucks. I'm probably going to get another OEM one asap. My Depo foglights on the other hand... holy crap. They're freaking amazing. Can't install them yet though. Bah

Old 09-30-2008, 04:28 AM
HCF Member

I could imagine the lighting wouldn't be as great, but they still look good :P

Old 09-30-2008, 06:34 AM
HCF Member

They look very nice. lol. I'm almost tempted to see if I can get better bulbs or something.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:34 AM

Nice civic bro. And i'd reccomend HID's. GL with your future mods.

Old 10-01-2008, 03:11 PM
HCF Member

Booyah. I finally got my bumper and fender in today! Now I'm just waiting for my freshly painted headlight's glue to finish drying. Then I get to run around getting estimates to paint... Then install my foglights.

Name:  HPIM4545.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  41.3 KB

Old 10-01-2008, 08:52 PM
HCF Member

Well yeah... :P
The silicone finally dried, then I discovered that I need to bang out a little more metal to get the headlight to fit. Really annoying. It only needs to move a couple centimeters to fit. Grr. Should do it in the morning. I also can't fully get my fender on... I need to back it into the driveway so I can fully open the door. But as luck would have it, my garage door broke its spring. Someone will be coming to fix that tomorow.

So instead I spent the day trying to get my sick cat out from under the bed to give her some meds, and in between attempts I installed my front lip, and foglights. The fogs will go back in after its painted. I just wanted to get all the cutting out of the way. I did the rear lip yesterday but I had to take it off so I can cut a bit more off so my muffler doesn't touch it. Now my freaking kitty is laying right next to me. What a punk....

Pictures!
without lip:
Name:  HPIM4545-1.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  42.6 KB

with lip:
Name:  HPIM4546.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  42.5 KB
Name:  HPIM4547.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  48.8 KB

Foglights:
I didn't bother tightening anything. It was coming right back off anyway, just wanted a pic.
Name:  HPIM4553.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  69.8 KB
Name:  HPIM4552.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  65.5 KB

All the crap I had to cut off for the foglights:

Old 10-01-2008, 08:57 PM
HCF Member

good progress, looks good with the type r lip, did you get a type r style grill? think it would look good. gotta get everything painted and your car would be good as new. are you going for a custom paint or the original paint?

Old 10-01-2008, 09:19 PM
HCF Member

I might. I actually have some wire mesh that I put behind the two openings on the front bumper. It protects and its behind everything so you can't really see it. I got my mesh after someone spun out in front of me, stoned my radiator and gave me a chip in my window. Why do they put down GRAVEL when it snows?!

That depends... I'm planning on running around tomorrow and getting some painting estimates. The car has a somewhat bad reddish orange paint job that I'd love to get redone. Pictures don't really show how BRIGHT it is. Most likely something similar to the stock red, as that color is still under the hood, in the door jams, etc. A good picture of that is the pic I just posted of the foglights and everything on the car. See the grill? Its the color it was painted. See the hood? Original color.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:20 PM

Ever noticed how on the Honda Fit, the headlight housings are color matched to the body? I wonder how that would look on yours, painted red instead of black...

Quick Reply: Yay! New toys!