Lighting & H.I.D.'s Post here about lighting, From exterior lighting to inside lighting.

Please Help fog light/HID 95 Civic

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 05:56 PM
Default Please Help fog light/HID 95 Civic

Again I decide to do it myself and run into issues.

I will try to make this as short as possible. Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

I have a 95 Civic DX. I had aftermarket fog light's that I had hooked to a toggle switch (not the cheap one that came with the kit) and is also connected to the fuse box under the dash. Everything was working fine, except they just plain sucked. So i decided to get some new HID's. Got the complete kit, came with new fog lights and the HID ballast/bulbs. The harness for the new fog lights were exactly the same as the old one so to save time I left in the old harness. I took bumper off replaced old fog lights with the new, installed ballast and everything was going well. I tested at first with just 1 of the fog lights hooked up (long day wanted to get to bed), and it worked amazing. I am still shocked how bright those things can get. Anyway today I hooked up the other one turned it on and everything was ok for about a minute. Then right one started to flicker then went out. I turned off lights and turned back on, nothing. Checked wires.grounds everything was good. I then checked every single fuse in my car, then double checked with a fuse tester all were good. The harness has 1 relay and 1 fuse, i replaced both and still nothing. I have no clue what to do. I switched out the new fog lights and re-plugged in the old ones with the crappy halogens....and nothing.

Please if anyone has any ideas I would be forever grateful. If pictures will help I can upload immediately.

Thanks!

Old 02-26-2012, 09:00 AM

bad ground, connection or shorted wire? maybe even an issue with electrical noise?