The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

best import to modify

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 08:29 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: best import to modify

again, dont look at the straight line stuff. its all about the twisties. i mean, a piggyback or a reflash, a 3 in turbo-back exhaust, and the HKS stage 3 turbo upgrade will put an evo at about 370 WHP, and thats All Wheel Drive, so its almost 450 to the crank. then see how many people can hang, for less than 5k in upgrades. yeah, thats a lot of money, but you cant hang with that in a supra or 300Z (in everything, not just straightline)

Old 02-09-2005, 05:46 PM
Recognized HCF Member

nissan SKYLINE....................if you have the money for one, i know i sure as hell dont have the money for one lol

Old 02-11-2005, 06:33 PM

Well, I have found my "new" toy car. I stopped by anoher dealer to look at integra, and there it was sitting up front just outside the showroom. A 1992 Acura NSX. It black with a manual tranny of course and 42000 well maintaned miles. They have all the records there because this car has only been owned by one guy and always had the dealership do all the work. I couldn't find a scrach on it, and considering it is black they woulda shown up. I talked the sales guy down to 21000, which I have done some checking is a pretty decent deal for one in such good shape with the miles. Its not what I started out to buy, but how often does a normal guy like me get the chance to pick up a car like that? I know the insurance will be steep, but I'll live, besides I'm almost 30 and its about time had a real sports car.

It isn't turbo, but I don't care, the thing is quick and makes my buddies 95 corvette feel like a pickup truck.

The paper work has been started, and I will pick it up Monday or Tuesday. Time to start looking into turbo kits, and other fun aftermarket goodies. Ya, they are going to cost more than parts for a civic, but I won't see another car like mine at every stop light either.

I want to thank everybody for their advice.

Old 02-11-2005, 07:09 PM
HCF Member

DAMN!!! youre freakin stealing it. if its in that great of shape, damn. congrats.

Old 02-11-2005, 07:27 PM

Wow! That is a hell of a steal. I don't think I could envy anyone more, since an NSX is one of two cars I want to own in my life. And as for speed, an NSX Type S can take a Ferrari 355 in the 1320, so you'll be cruisin'!

Old 02-11-2005, 08:08 PM

I got such a deal because 1. Its tax time and dealers really are looking to reduce their inventory. and 2. Most banks won't finance a 13 year old car, and most people don't have that much cash just laying around. I was planning to buy my new allthough not as nice toy outright so I have a huge down payment. I am only financing 4000 for 18 months. Some banks do finance older vehicles if they are worth enough, and your down payment is big enough. This deal meets those standards, and a good credit rating helps. Granted this will slow my immediate high dollar mods, but I figured it would be worth it considering the car.

I just got off the phone with the first owner. (the dealership gave me his number) He bought the car new in 92 and it has been his once in awhile toy for the past 13 years. The only reason he got rid of it is because he and his wife are both getting older and having a hard time getting in and out such a low car. Said he traded it in on a new minivan (thats funny) to haul the grand kids around in. According to him the car is bone stock, never been in any type of wreck, and has seen little rain, and no snow.

He asked me to take good care of it, because it was his baby. I told him I would.

Old 02-11-2005, 08:13 PM

You'll have so much fun in the car the way it is, you won't even think about midifications for at least a year...