The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Can a cop do this??????

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 11:12 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Can a cop do this??????

Yes he can do that, but usually off-duty officers only intervene if something major is going on at least at the station that I am a cadet for. Sounds like this one was bored or splitting hairs

Old 05-24-2007, 04:19 AM

yeah I think they can but you should just try to be as calm and collected as possible so you don't get a ticket or even worse....arrested.

Old 05-24-2007, 04:26 AM

He probably lived in the neighborhood, that happened to me once. I was polite and hesaid, "just don't do it again!" Issue resolved. Pick your battles man. Of course he didn't show you an ID so **** him.

Old 05-24-2007, 04:28 AM

depends on the state...

some states off duty police are still police anyway

others, it's considered impersonating a police officer if they stop you while out of uniform/out of a state or town sponsor'd vehicle

Old 05-24-2007, 09:06 AM
HCF Member

I would have turned around and left without talking to him. If he does anything, you can say you were afraid for your life or some ****. There was no way for you to know he was a cop without talking to him. Eitherway, it sounds kind of shady to me.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:09 PM
HCF Member

Sounds like maybe he lived in that neighborhood and probably had kids.

I know that cops have to show you their badges and even give you their badge numbers if you request it.

Old 05-24-2007, 03:47 PM
February 2010 ROTM

he never did show me a badge or give me his name either.....i dont care i have a really good lawyer in the family anyways so its all good......i was as polite as one could be when someone decides to pull right in front of your car in a random car

Old 05-25-2007, 09:46 AM

You obviusly commited an infraction by not stopping at the stop sign. I doubt you will get into any sort of trouble though. He did not show you the badge. if you do get a ticket, go to court and fight it. Plead "not guilty." How can this guy prove the you ran a stop sign? If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't even stop. I would either go around him or back up and go the other way. Even if he was a cop, you could always say that you had no reason to assume that he was a cop and wanted to avoid a possible confrontation/road rage incident.

Old 05-26-2007, 02:17 AM

Shouldnt have stopped. Claim self defence and speed away. If you 'fear for your life', you can get away with murder. In military self defence, we yell "BACK OFF" as part of every movement tomake it appearthat we are acting in self defence (even if we arnt). Its quite funny watching someone punch someone to the ground then stomp their head whilst yelling Back Off. Anyways, point is it you shouldn't have stopped. And dont fight it in court, cause a cops word, on duty or otherwise is still stronger than a civis. Take it on the cheek and just remember for next time. Ohh and if its like your last points or something, i dont know if it works there but it works here, when you pay your fine, pay it with a check that is $1 more than the fine, and they will send you a check back for $1 and your points wont go through until the financial transaction is complete, so you just dont cash the check until you have enough points. Remember, always obey the law. Haha.

Old 05-26-2007, 06:06 AM
HCF Member

^ lol that cheque idea is a good idea lol. But i say that if anything does happen for that (which it probably wont) then just fight it, he has no physical proof that it was you other then you licence plate number, Just call your work and have them say you were working lol

Quick Reply: Can a cop do this??????