The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Can a cop do this??????

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 06:38 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Can a cop do this??????

LMFAO that could be a good idea.LOL if it realy works... hahaahha id just trash the check than.LOL

but in short ya offduty cops can still be @holes......
but if you were speeding away from him and driving wrecklessly to get away from him they can hit you with that fine as well... hes already got your plate number...

but im my opnion cops shouldnot be able to do this and they SHOULD NOT EVEN BE DRIVING THIER COP CARS OFFDUTY AS WELL!!!!!
do you realy think they are fillen up thier gas tanks with thier money.. HELL NO! that my tax money fillen up thier gas guzzlers and paying for maintance work to thier cars!!! total rip off for the whole comunity!!!

and also.... dont be a ***** to anyone that even says they are a cop.... its just asking for trouble but if they dont flash a badge and just SAY they are a cop i would backup and pull away... just dont try to ram them or hit them... so if they are behind you then go forwards... if infront go backwards and turn around. otherwise they will claim you tried to run over them!

just be nice and take one insult from the cop and go on with your life. cops can arrest you for being disorderly... and thats to thier standards... do they have to prove it? NOPE... its thier word against yours... its just the difference from a ticket and a cuffs and if you are nice (and the cops not on his PMS trip) ya could just get a verbal warning...

hell when i was a kid i always got pulled over by this ONE cop EVERY TIME.LOL wiether it be equipment violation or speeding or what not... BUT everytime i was nice and he always said you are nice and compliant and fix anything i tell you to so ill just let you off on a warning....

just think about it.. how you cussed him out... THINK ABOUT GETING CUSSED AT ALL DAY LONG ON THE JOB........... youd be a pissed off @sshole as well to anyone with just alittle lip cause your ready to just explode in anger! being nice... yes sir no sir or mam will make them fell more comfortable and that could be the difference between a ticket and no ticket!

Old 05-26-2007, 08:07 AM
Super Cereal Admin

So the guy pulled into your lane and stopped? Did you have a camera or a camera phone? I'd have taken pictures of where his car was... stopping in the middle of the road is illegal. So is being on the wrong side of the road... and you'd have proof of his infraction, where with you running the sign, it's his word vs. yours.

Old 05-29-2007, 04:29 PM

Hey man where were you driving around in Columbus? I live here too....these cops can be real dicks sometimes, ecspecially in the Delaware area

Old 05-30-2007, 06:58 AM

ORIGINAL: Chaos

Shouldnt have stopped. Claim self defence and speed away. If you 'fear for your life', you can get away with murder. In military self defence, we yell "BACK OFF" as part of every movement tomake it appearthat we are acting in self defence (even if we arnt). Its quite funny watching someone punch someone to the ground then stomp their head whilst yelling Back Off. Anyways, point is it you shouldn't have stopped. And dont fight it in court, cause a cops word, on duty or otherwise is still stronger than a civis. Take it on the cheek and just remember for next time. Ohh and if its like your last points or something, i dont know if it works there but it works here, when you pay your fine, pay it with a check that is $1 more than the fine, and they will send you a check back for $1 and your points wont go through until the financial transaction is complete, so you just dont cash the check until you have enough points. Remember, always obey the law. Haha.
I call BS on the check thing. Once they send you the $1 back - the transaction on their part is complete, because they have completed their part. When the check is out, they journalize the account payable. There's nothing else for them to record and transaction is deemed complete.

Old 05-31-2007, 04:14 PM

I say "F*** Authority, silent majority, raised by the system, NOW ITS TIME TO RISE AGAINST THEM!!!" a few words from the wise