The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

canceR?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 10:52 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: canceR?

Tobaco is retarded. What does it benifit you in the end?? Really, you get bad breath, yellow teeth, and eventually death or in your case a big chunk of your face missing. If you can come up with a good answer let me know, because eventually if you keep doing it, you will get some type of cancer. And don't give me some crap reason about how it makes you feel.

Yeah, when you do get cancer, not if but when, if you don't die then you can look like this guy:

Wow! That's gonna be attractive to the ladies isn't it.

I mean come on, it's been proven to cause cancer.

Tobacco use is the leading preventable cause of death in the United States.

More deaths are caused each year by tobacco use than by all deaths from human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), illegal drug use, alcohol use, motor vehicle injuries, suicides, and murders combined.

Also think about how much money you waste a year. I'm not sure how much dip you do but if you saved all that money and invested it you could make thousands of dollars, or save up and get something cool for your civic.

Anyways, sorry to go off, I know I might not convince you, but at least I can say I said something. I've had relatives who have died of cancer. My grandpa who I was named after died of lung cancer, and when he died he basically coughed up his lungs. I know we're talking about dip here but cancer is cancer and it is a killer and there is no guaranteed cure.

So again, don't take offense to this. This is not a personal vendetta against you or anyone else who uses tobacco products. I just hate seeing people doing stuff like this.

Old 07-29-2007, 10:58 PM
HCF Member

^^^Well I know for me a year it was costing about $4000!!! Can you say CAR PARTS!!! Now I have saved over $600 in three months.

Old 07-29-2007, 11:02 PM
HCF Member

Holy crap! Yeah my cousin my age (18) smokes a pack a day already and so he wastes almost $2000 a year. Even if I wanted to smoke, I couldn't afford to lol.

Old 07-29-2007, 11:05 PM
HCF Member

I never really gave much thought to what it was costing till I quit. I started keeping track of what I would be spending and all of the sudden I was saving enought to buy tons of games, and car parts. I love it. Plus I can breathe and taste things better. LOL

Old 07-29-2007, 11:14 PM
HCF Member

Good job (not being sarcastic), that really is pretty cool. You don't see a whole lot of tobacco users who quit, cause of how addictive tobacco/nicotine is. Tobacco is more addictive then cocaine (though not as deadly in the shortrun).

Old 07-29-2007, 11:24 PM
HCF Member

Thanks man. I was lucky. I got really sick ((bronchitis and the lot)) and went five days without being able to smoke and sleeping most of time. By the time I was better, it had been six days since I had smoked a cigarette. Then I lit one up and it tasted BAD!!! After that one I haven't wanted another. Like I said, I got lucky.