The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

cell phone advice.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 12:35 PM
Administrator
Default cell phone advice.

So, I have had verizon cell service for a few years now, and ive been very happy with it. i have an LG phone, which i am also happy with, but its kind of old, and getting beat up a bit, so its time for a new one. i want to stay with verizon, and i looked at the phones, but there are so few things that i dislike about my current phone, i dont know exactly what i want in my new phone.

id like the camera to zoom, and i dont like that my current phone only holds like 20 pictures. i prefer a flip phone. the one that i took a long look at is the motorola razr...does anyone have that? anything good or bad to say about it?

Old 12-11-2006, 12:40 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: cell phone advice.

a girl i work/go to school with said that she only got serivice in one part of our store..and it wasnt very much, to where as my nextel got 2-3 bars every wear accept the big freezer, and her ond phone had better service too.

Old 12-11-2006, 12:50 PM
Administrator

well, ive had verizon for quite a while and ive never had ANY problems with either their customer service, or having a signal...i just want a new phone. i think that we are probably getting a mint chocolate for amanda...but i want a flip phone..i think.

Old 12-11-2006, 12:54 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Patrick

So, I have had verizon cell service for a few years now, and ive been very happy with it. i have an LG phone, which i am also happy with, but its kind of old, and getting beat up a bit, so its time for a new one. i want to stay with verizon, and i looked at the phones, but there are so few things that i dislike about my current phone, i dont know exactly what i want in my new phone.

id like the camera to zoom, and i dont like that my current phone only holds like 20 pictures. i prefer a flip phone. the one that i took a long look at is the motorola razr...does anyone have that? anything good or bad to say about it?

The razr is a piece of chit. A royal piece of chit. Ive heard a lot of good things about the Chocolate though.

Old 12-11-2006, 12:57 PM
Stinky Administrator

i have cingular cell phone service ive had it since 1998 and ive had a razr foar a year no problems so far "knocks on wood"

Old 12-11-2006, 01:07 PM
HCF Member

I have a razor and it is the only phone that has lasted me more than 8 months. Apparently the v3 razors got all the bugs worked out of them, I think its a great phone. Id buy one again if I had to.

Old 12-11-2006, 01:09 PM
HCF Member

patrick i agree 100% with remmy, razr is a royal piece of crap dude, either got for the chocoloate or the samsung a930, but samsung has bad reviews before, but htey hav cleared that up so its all good now another great pone from verizon is nokia 6315i all 3 phones i suggested have blue tooth, and if im not mistaken the samsung and the nokia has zoom on the cam, and flash, i know for a fact that the samsung and the chocolate has a built in mp3 player also, im not sure about the nokia havin an mp3 player but im bout 70% sure it has one too.... so all in all, i suggest any 3 of this phones, but if i were you i would get either the samsung or the nokia just IMO and i forgot to tell you that the samsung has an upgradable memory, it comes with a flash drive so you can put a memory card in it for extra memory

Old 12-11-2006, 02:12 PM
HCF Member

I have a Samsung T309. It has been through a pounding. Everyday in the welding shop and then I ran over it about two months ago. Camera is good enough for my needs. No MP3 or anything, but a good SOLID phone.

Just FYI

Old 12-11-2006, 03:39 PM

i have a 5 year old nextel POS....i am looking at upgrading right now though...

Old 12-11-2006, 03:43 PM

I've had Verizon for a while now also with no complaints. The Razr has supposed to have all the bugs worked out of it. My brother-in-law went and got him one last week and he loves it. I have a LG myself and it does mostly everything the Razr does. But I've always liked LG better than Motorola.

Quick Reply: cell phone advice.