The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

DAMNIT!!! (Build up update)

Old 03-30-2007, 12:52 PM
HCF Member
Default DAMNIT!!! (Build up update)

Well this morning i went to get more RAM for my computer, went out, and they didn't have the type for my motherboard, alls good no worried, i plan on upgrading later this year anyway. So i get home, go to power up my computer, it powers... but nothing loads on the screen[>:]... then the lovely smell appeared. you know that electrical burning smell you are all framiliar with. [:@].
So after some fidling with it i believe that my motherboard fried.... good thing i didn't get that other RAM... and it appears that i will be upgrading my computer alot sooner then i thought. i was thinking maybe in May for the upgrade to begin, but i guess i will begin tomorrow.

Old 03-30-2007, 12:54 PM
Stinky Administrator
Default RE: DAMNIT!!!

ouch tim and we where talking aboutyou upgradingon msn last night sorry that happened dude. good luck

Old 03-30-2007, 01:12 PM
HCF Member

Yeah the irony of it eh' lol.

Old 03-30-2007, 01:43 PM
Laced with Sarcasm

weak sauce

Old 03-30-2007, 02:01 PM
HCF Member

Anyone with current computer expertise wanna tell me if this is a good motherboard?
clicky Cause there is a bundle package with that, a case and a 700watt powersupply for $398.99CAD

Old 03-30-2007, 02:03 PM
HCF Member

pc motherboards suXXorz. seriously.

if you upgrade to the new dual or quad core intels then read up on the motherboard that you get with the new computer. many of them are having serious quality control issues.

my former coworker just bought a new quad intel peecee and he's had to fix the motherboard twice in the first month of ownership.

Old 03-30-2007, 02:04 PM
HCF Member

Time to get a mac.

Old 03-30-2007, 02:06 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: drbyers

pc motherboards suXXorz. seriously.

if you upgrade to the new dual or quad core intels then read up on the motherboard that you get with the new computer. many of them are having serious quality control issues.

my former coworker just bought a new quad intel peecee and he's had to fix the motherboard twice in the first month of ownership.

I don't buy computers i build them, i have never and will never buy a computer from a company, and with the qual and quad cores they are fairly new so i wouldn't want to get into a product that has not reputation yet

And Rabbit i would get a Mac but i am a gamer, and if i gota mac i would have near a grand in games that i couldn't play

Old 03-30-2007, 02:06 PM
HCF Member

gamer... lol.

Old 03-30-2007, 02:08 PM
HCF Member

I don't buy computers i build them, i have never and will never buy a computer from a company, and with the qual and quad cores they are fairly new so i wouldn't want to get into a product that has not reputation yet
my coworker built his. why do you think he had to fix it?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DAMNIT!!! (Build up update)