The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

F and the F birth...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 05:55 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: F and the F birth...

ya i saw them both and i thought they were so sweet...untill i realized the REAL tuner scene then i realized how made up that move was, but i didnt get into it because of that..i got into because this guy who works for my parents was doing up his car..and im like, i wanna do that

..but IF a 3rd one comes up, ill probably go see it for fun

Old 03-03-2006, 06:10 PM

I was into the seen years and years before the movie came out, when I bought me a cute lil 95 DX and then I got into modding.

I have seen both the movies and was midley dissapaointed but I also expected more of the movie magic then most people. I enjoy watching the cars I am into even if they are doing the impossible and I will go see part 3 and I will be expecing about the same as the first 2.

Old 03-03-2006, 06:35 PM
Administrator

levi, are you implying that you can spin the evo around at 100mph, then accelerate and pass two semis?

i have seen both of them, and i like cars, i live movies, so i like movies about cars...you guys should understand that while it sparked alot of "bad" tuners, it had to have gotten the attention of people, especially those on the east coast that didnt have a market like cali did/does...

hell, in the late 90s i would have laughed at the thought of many of you pulling a civic into the staging lanes against my V8 car...as the closest thing to "imports" that i recall was seeing the VERY rare civic, or more often a built up neon, but i attended alot of dodge events...so people like howell automotive had 10 and 11 second neons way back...but there were NEVER hondas or real "imports" around when i was in high school...i recall knowing a guy with an old altima with engine work, a header, and nitrous, and he had sparco seats and a roll cage and autocrossed it, and one night he asked if i would drag race..i laughed, and we raced, and i beat him, but not by much...i couldnt believe it!

maybe it was just my area, but now we have some big "tuner shops" like SlowBoy Racing and there are alot of FAST street driven imports, almost entirely DSMs, Evos, Subbies, and Civics...i you do have to attribute alot of that to the movies. say that you have one real tuner in my home town...all of a sudden 20 kids in my town see the movie, and begin asking him where he got his altezzas installed, so that real tuner begins doing work in his garage. he makes money and opens a "tuner" shop off of the money that he makes installing CAIs and altezzas from the kids, and out of those 20, one really gets into it...reads up, buys a turbo kit, and stomps the guy who runs the shop, then he begins doing his own work...like to admit it or not, the movie boomed the industry, and it showed alot of people how to look cool and look fast in an import, but more importantly, it showed some people how to BE fast...and in turn, be cool, in an import...

Old 03-03-2006, 06:39 PM
HCF Member

I haven't seen either of them, but I AM in love with Vin Diesel... does that count?

Old 03-03-2006, 06:48 PM

I've always been into cars and such. my dad got me into them when i was really young when he took me to car shows, boat shows, monster truck events and all. I think i may hav been about 13-14ish when TFATF came out. i thought it was cool but it didnt really make me wana go out and rice the shiz out w/e car i got. It did open my eyes up more into the street scene since back then ,i never really thought much of street racing or meets and what not.

Old 03-03-2006, 07:33 PM
HCF Member

I saw an article in some magazine at least 6 years ago on a sping trip to Cape Cod with some friends and was like oh, sweet... you can take some crappy old import and make it fast and look cool (the car wasn't riced out if I remember right.) So I was into it then then I saw F&F and I was like eh, I guess that's kinda cool.

Then 2F2F came around and I almost pissed my pants laughing at it.

So, no I'm more of a love at first sight in a mag kind of guy.

Old 03-03-2006, 07:38 PM
HCF Member

I hate how much that movie has ruined the tuner scene, wait till the third one comes out and ruins the drift scene....
Not only that but it gave civic a bad name. To be honest when people hear the word civic they think of rice.

Old 03-03-2006, 09:20 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Patrick

levi, are you implying that you can spin the evo around at 100mph, then accelerate and pass two semis?

i have seen both of them, and i like cars, i live movies, so i like movies about cars...you guys should understand that while it sparked alot of "bad" tuners, it had to have gotten the attention of people, especially those on the east coast that didnt have a market like cali did/does...

hell, in the late 90s i would have laughed at the thought of many of you pulling a civic into the staging lanes against my V8 car...as the closest thing to "imports" that i recall was seeing the VERY rare civic, or more often a built up neon, but i attended alot of dodge events...so people like howell automotive had 10 and 11 second neons way back...but there were NEVER hondas or real "imports" around when i was in high school...i recall knowing a guy with an old altima with engine work, a header, and nitrous, and he had sparco seats and a roll cage and autocrossed it, and one night he asked if i would drag race..i laughed, and we raced, and i beat him, but not by much...i couldnt believe it!

maybe it was just my area, but now we have some big "tuner shops" like SlowBoy Racing and there are alot of FAST street driven imports, almost entirely DSMs, Evos, Subbies, and Civics...i you do have to attribute alot of that to the movies. say that you have one real tuner in my home town...all of a sudden 20 kids in my town see the movie, and begin asking him where he got his altezzas installed, so that real tuner begins doing work in his garage. he makes money and opens a "tuner" shop off of the money that he makes installing CAIs and altezzas from the kids, and out of those 20, one really gets into it...reads up, buys a turbo kit, and stomps the guy who runs the shop, then he begins doing his own work...like to admit it or not, the movie boomed the industry, and it showed alot of people how to look cool and look fast in an import, but more importantly, it showed some people how to BE fast...and in turn, be cool, in an import...

10 points for pat.

even tho the movie is really unrealistic. and horribly off base to the REAL tuner scene. without it, it would be much harder to get parts as it is now. I doubt HCf would even exist without F&F. sad, but true.

Old 03-03-2006, 09:23 PM
Administrator

*does a back flip to celebrate my 10 points*

Old 03-03-2006, 09:28 PM
HCF Member

*trys a back flip, but lands on his head*[]

Quick Reply: F and the F birth...