The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

F and the F birth...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 09:40 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: F and the F birth...

My brother bought a new 94 Prelude that I got to drive. V-Tec baby...I was hooked from that point on. The movie...meh whatever....I did like the 2nd one where the trucks come out and stomp the cop cars. Those rollbar cages are big $$$$, but apparently worth every penny.

Old 03-03-2006, 09:45 PM
HCF Member

i can honestly say that i was interested in the tuning scene before the movie came out, but it wasn't till i saw it with some friends that we really liked it, but i was always the odd ball, i drove a tercel(bone stock) and they drove civic's and stuff(well some of them anyway) but when i hung out with them they wanted to rice out their cars. i remember when i got my first civic, it was a 90 SI, i had it for about a month, but the first day i got it my friend said"man we are so going to have to rice this thing out" and he was dead serious[&:], but i havent seen him in years now, and he kinda went on a downward spiral... BTW his first car was a 95 Civic DX coupe.. first thing he did was a big *** fart can, then he put a big wing... and for some reason he got headers and CAI, but no high flow cat or catback, just headers and muffler... and he thought it was the **** lol

Old 03-03-2006, 11:27 PM

Not only that but it gave civic a bad name. To be honest when people hear the word civic they think of rice.
seriously. my friend calls my civic rice and i really dont think its anywhere near as ricey as other cars are. It looks practiclly stock from the outside...Even if a civic is really nice and has some damn good power mods and all, ppl will always call it rice just cuz its a civic[sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=smiley7.gif]

Old 03-03-2006, 11:43 PM
HCF Member

ill be honest. FATF opened me up to the import world. i was really big into old muscle cars. i was looking all over the place for a 69-70 chevelle. but the movie made me look at imports. i was never really into civics because a lot of people in my town had them and a lot of them looked like crap but when i found this car it was love at first sight

Old 03-04-2006, 12:39 AM

nicely said Patrick, tis true. Im more upset at the lack of judgement shown by local retards racing on packed streets and killing people, in turn killing the big street racing scene. Now everyone will rat you out, **** I raced a friend down an open empty road and a jogger jumped on his cellphone like a hero.

Old 03-04-2006, 02:09 AM
HCF Member

I have been modding cars sense like 95. I had no bias then and have no bias now. I am a car guy not a domestic guy, not a import guy, not a honda guy, a car guy simply put. I have as much fun modding one as I do the other. hell I like just generally working on cars even if it is just fixing something on my grandmothers 90 Olds. Cars are a hobby to me and it gets my mind off stressfull things in my life.

Old 03-04-2006, 08:15 AM

I always enjoyed cars, never really got into doing my own work until I got the 'vic. When I first saw the movie I thought hey that's pretty sweet(refering to the speed aspect), I always thought the cars looked a bit over the top but like Pat said it really did open up a whole new world of tuning.

Old 03-04-2006, 10:05 AM
HCF Member

Well right after i saw the movie I was looking more towards an buying an import, more so then I did before. However after my parents saw it they immediatly thought if I bought an import or as they put it "streetracer car" I would be getting into all sorts of trouble. Well I ended up buying a toyota tacoma, it was pretty quick but considering I was using about a half a tank each day it was getting expensive. Especially for a high school student. So I sold that and got in the market for a new car this time my parents were okay with me getting a import for gas mileage....Mainly becasue my dad had just recently bought an accord. And so after that I was in the market for a civic, and they finally gave in to the fact that i was going to upgrade it becasue if they diditn let me I was going to do it without them knowing. And yes my first mod was done without them knowing. So the movie made me re-think imports, as long as they were done right. in otherwords no primer body kits and wings made out of 2x4's and not having an exhaust that sounds like you have a hornets nest in it.

Old 03-04-2006, 10:22 AM
HCF Member

I liked the movie, but it never swayed me towards imports or anything. I always loved the EG hatches but never thought that I'd buy a honda........... Til november when I came across a good deal on the one that I have now.

Old 03-04-2006, 10:32 AM

Im just an aggresive imptatient driver.. but getting better in my old age :P 26 or 27 ,, honestly cant rember which without counting.. FaTF was just for entertainment to me.. so changed no feelings on how i looked at tuners.. but i always was into stereo's and looks before.. but not into more power of course.. ill be the only idiot ull see in a d16y7 hatch doing 100 mile an hour down the highway everyday.. whether going to the store or to work..but now that im making more money i spend it on what i enjoy.. so if i cant do something i want.. ie stopping from over 100mph on highway when i see traffic.. i need bigger brakes.. and when 100-110 isnt fast enough i want more power.. that and from driving car hard.. starting using oil more so need to replace that anyways :P /..looking good just comes with it.. Always spend your money where you enjoy spending your time

Quick Reply: F and the F birth...