The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

Goodbye STi...hello SRT-8!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 11:54 AM
Default RE: Goodbye STi...hello SRT-8!

the NE Region. I dated a girl awhile back from Queensbury, it was @ an event up in Nassau that i went with a few people from Nasioc.

EDIT* correction it was @ ACC some collge up in the Mohawk Region

Old 10-09-2006, 12:34 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: AllForSRT

ORIGINAL: Remmy

The mini would eat your srt4 alive in the autocross.
I usually agree with most of your posts Remmy, but here your completley wrong. A stock BASE Cooper wouldnt be able to come anywhere close to my time on an autox course. A cooper s is a little closer, but I will still get a better lap time than either.

read the review on the SRT4

clicky

its insulting saying a Mini Cooper is going to "eat alive" an srt4 on the autox, sure the Cooper is easier to drive, more nimble, but the SRT4s brakes, suspension and transmission were all designed for the track. You might be able to take a corner more easily than my SRT4, but I will out brake you and walk away from you after the corner.

The misinformation will never cease surronding this car. The Neon is one of the most sucessful cars in the SCCA and Grassroots racing. Period.
This is fun! (And totaly in good spirits SRT, I have NOTHING against you or your cars.)

Anywho, I've beat an SRT4 autocrossing... before the PAX. If you think the SRT4 suspension, brakes, and transmission are better for the track you've never driven a MINI. Sure, the SRT4 brakes are A LOT bigger (for about two more weeks) it also weighs a lot more. On the autocross track brakes aren't a big factor anyways. It's all about going around the corners as fast as possable. As far as the suspension is concerned, I have yet to come across another car, short of the corvette and up, that has a stock suspension as nice as the MINI. And, who cares about the transmission? You shift once the whole race.

Advantage: Cooper

Road racing where there's bigger straight aways are another thing, I wouldn't want to tangle with the SRT4 on a bigger track.

Old 10-09-2006, 12:41 PM
HCF Member

More on the subject of this topic though... the Jeep SRT8 is a sweet ride. It's my second favorite performance SUV, behind the Range Rover Sport.

Old 10-09-2006, 12:45 PM

Well your experience with the neon srt4 arent as similar as mine. While I agree the Mini is a VERY nimble car. Its tossable, tons of fun to drive on twisty roads and on the autox course. My experience (while i havent come across any mini's in my SRT4 at the local meet) I have raced both the SRT4 and the Mini in my base Cobb Stage II WRX with tein coilovers, rota grid wheels and falken tires and got beat by the ACR SRT4 handily. However the same SRT4 beat the Mini Cooper. The Mini Cooper also beat me in the WRX.

The mini that was racing had different wheels/tires and that was it.

I dont know if this is attributed to my driving skills at the time, or the SRT4 drivers skills being superior to mind or a combination of the 2. However get an ACR SRT4 out on the autox track, and dont just brush it off.

Old 10-09-2006, 12:47 PM

thanks for the kind words on the Jeep much appreciated!

Either way my SRT4 wont ever see another autox course in its lifetime. Im building the motor and slapping on a GT35r turbo

Old 10-09-2006, 01:13 PM
HCF Member

I love how nearly every post AllForSRT is on ends up with him battling for his life to defend the SRT4. Hell he does it so well that if i was in the states I would consider buying one.

Old 10-09-2006, 01:23 PM

ORIGINAL: uk civhead

I love how nearly every post AllForSRT is on ends up with him battling for his life to defend the SRT4. Hell he does it so well that if i was in the states I would consider buying one.
hahaha thanks

its hard sometimes not to feel like the kid who got picked on in grammer school while defending the SRT4.

Old 10-09-2006, 01:40 PM
HCF Member

hahaha thanks

its hard sometimes not to feel like the kid who got picked on in grammer school while defending the SRT4.
Well from what ive seen in the states honda's seem to get a lot of shyt too, that just doesnt happen over here. Im sure if they released the SRT4 over in the UK near the price it sells for in the states it would really shake things up in that particular market.

Old 10-09-2006, 01:44 PM

Well i know the Caliber is available in the UK, and I know DCX has brought over the 300 SRT8, so perhaps the 300hp 2007 Caliber SRT4 could be in the UK's future?

not a huge fan of the Caliber but it should be a very capable car for the money nonetheless

Old 10-09-2006, 01:53 PM
HCF Member

Yeah ive seen the Caliber over here, but it didnt get a great review, dodgy suspension, handling and plasticy interior. the market over here is a little different when it comes to stuff like that.
Not a bad looking car nether the less.

Quick Reply: Goodbye STi...hello SRT-8!