The Lounge This section is for the most off topic of OT posts. although the lounge is moderated, whoring is permitted.

guitar?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 08:41 PM
HCF Member
Default guitar?

alright, so i'm bored now and i'm wondering if anyone will share their favorite song to play on the guitar. i'm just looking for something fun and new to play. anyone?

Old 08-05-2007, 08:47 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: guitar?

Anything by Bad Religion is fun. But most of what I play now is Classical guitar. You can always try some old White Zombie stuff.

Old 08-05-2007, 08:49 PM
HCF Member

i'm more acoustic, and any songs in particular you enjoy?

Old 08-05-2007, 08:49 PM

^ I wish I knew how to play the guitar all I know how to play is the Recorder ( look like a flute but its not)

Old 08-05-2007, 08:51 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: s2000gtx

^ I wish I knew how to play the guitar all I know how to play is the Recorder ( look like a flute but its not)
lol, i know what you mean, i played it in the 5th grade (it was required[:@][:'(][][:-][&o][X(][>:])

i want to learn how to play the piano next (basics of course, lol)

Old 08-05-2007, 08:59 PM
HCF Member

haha i remember the recorder boooooooo

im not very good at guitar, but I know the notes and i mostly just pla off of guitar tabs my favorite song to play is ACDC back in black, ya its freakni easy, but its good any i remember how to play it no matter how long its been since ive played.

i was actually a saxophone player, and i was really freakin good. I was one chair away from state in texas when i was in high school, but i havent played seriously in about a year so im not quite as good, but i can still show some people up. i have been learnin jazz but i don't have a ton of time so im not great at it yet

Old 08-05-2007, 09:05 PM

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

ORIGINAL: s2000gtx

lol, i know what you mean, i played it in the 5th grade (it was required[:@][:'(][][:-][&o][X(][>:])

i want to learn how to play the piano next (basics of course, lol)
oh my gosh me too I don't know if u guys watch tht tv show call " MY WIFE AND KIDS" but the little boy thts on there is like 5 play Beethoven and some other professional pieces tht would take people years to play.its not fair

Old 08-05-2007, 09:11 PM
HCF Member

Try this one out. If you like it then look at some of the others. And its a good idea to learn to sight read sheet music. Tab is not a good thing for a beginner to learn to read. I learned to sight read for Bass, Guitar, and Cello. However, tab does work in a pinch, I have to say. LOL

HERE

Old 08-05-2007, 09:35 PM
HCF Member

i pretty much started with tabs, except for basic sheet music as a refresher since jr. high. lol and thanks for the link, i might try that tomorrow, i'm tired and my fingers are hurting since i've been playing a lot lately again.

Old 08-05-2007, 10:00 PM
June 2010 ROTM

how about "Shimmer" by Fuel??

and if you can play with fingers instead of a pick I highly suggest "Blackbird" by The Beatles

Quick Reply: guitar?